Great Sound?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLACEBO said:
No, but today the standard is pretty much 44.1KHz, and upsampling to something higher will always degrade the quality.

I do not know the math behind it. Just like I do not know the specifics on why digital can not be perfectly converted to analog.

Want audible proof? Compare an Audigy2 and an X-fi XtremeMusic. The XtremeMusic uses the same DAC as the Audigy2, but it supports a 44.1KHz sample rate.

I have directly compared them, and while they both are not that great, the X-fi is a little better. The Juli@ is en even bigger jump in quality yet, and the difference was quite clear.

If you want to know the specifics on why resampling will always degrade quality, go ask on audio asylum, hydrogen audio or head-fi forums.

The only fool here is you. I know what I am talking about. You do not. SDPIF does not bypass the DSP, it bypasses the DAC.

I'm trying to leave this alone until tomorrow when I talked to creative.

but Fvck audio asylum, hydrogen audio or head-fi forums.
remember what I told you guys about the geek audiophiles? these are the ones who always overdue everything. well this is their forum

statistically they will be right on things, but realistically they can't hear the difference.

they are the ones that are taking sugar pills to treat their cancer and then they claim to feel better

Can you say Placebo?

Also, if you want to call/email and ask, I would not ask creative. Their tech support is out sourced to india. You could ask lynx studio (which is probably your best bet):
http://www.lynxstudio.com/index.html

Or ESI:
http://www.esi-pro.com/

Or M-Audio:
http://www.m-audio.com/

The question you want to ask, is this:
'Does the SDPIF out bypass the internal DSP?"

(In case you have already forgotten, the DSP is where the resampling takes place).

EricB said:
Can you say Placebo?
No, but can you say "I've never heard a really high end audio setup and thats why I think that nothing better can exist."?

FYI I have a friend named Robert Smith (ohio state, minnesota vikings) that has B&W 801's, Crestron amps and all kind of gear that will kill yours.

and he isn't a geek audiophile

I'm just a middle class guy that likes audio. I work for my money

you probably just woke up one day with a spoon in your mouth. oh, I'm sorry. I meant di_ck in your mouth, Richie Bi_tch

I'll put my thiel cs 3.5 and my paradigm against anything that you have.

003 said:
Also, if you want to call/email and ask, I would not ask creative. Their tech support is out sourced to india. You could ask lynx studio (which is probably your best bet):

didn't you used their so called email as proof? you are contradicting yourself again

it's time to close this thread, because 003 is going to keep talking trash as long as he got that monitor as a shield.

and it won't solve anything.

EricB said:
didn't you used their so called email as proof? you are contradicting yourself again
No, I am not. You can call creative, there is nothing wrong with that. All I am saying is that you might get somebody who dosn't know what they are talking about. Not everybody in india is an idiot, but I'd say 97% of them are.

That, and I don't think the creative email support team is outsourced, but I could be wrong. Dont quote me on that.

There is no way a Thiel Audio CS-3.5 would sound better than what I have.

Would you mind telling me what paradigm product you own?

B&W 801's would be getting much closer to what I have.

Also, keep in mind. A high end headphone that costs $1000 is not equal to $1000 speakers, unless the speaker is insanely under priced. With a headphone, that $1000 all goes into the two drivers. With a speaker, it goes into a proper housing, multiple, much much larger drivers and the crossovers, and in some cases an integrated amp.

Also, keep in mind, there are some things that speakers inevitably do better, and some things that headphones inevitably do better.

I have an AKG K1000, with a Monarchy SM-70 Pro, and a Goldpoint SA4, and a Storm Digital D02A DAC, which is custom built so there is no link, however, if you insist, I can contact the manufacturer and obtain the exact specs.

Also, I am planning on dumping the SM-70 Pro for a Firstwatt F1.

003 said:
No, I am not. You can call creative, there is nothing wrong with that. All I am saying is that you might get somebody who dosn't know what they are talking about. Not everybody in india is an idiot, but I'd say 97% of them are.

I see that we are dealing with a racist. that explains everything

003 said:

Also, keep in mind. A high end headphone that costs $1000 is not equal to $1000 speakers, unless the speaker is insanely under priced. With a headphone, that $1000 all goes into the two drivers. With a speaker, it goes into a proper housing, multiple, much much larger drivers and the crossovers, and in some cases an integrated amp.

why are you talking about heaphones?

003 said:

There is no way a Thiel Audio CS-3.5 would sound better than what I have.

Would you mind telling me what paradigm product you own?

I already told you. truth be told the paradigm sound better than the thiel.

I use to custum build house speakers. I sucked at putting the paneling on them, though. my buddy gene did that. I had some custom built house speakers in the early nineties that sounded just as good as the paradigm's (whose make the best speaker on the planet period. they are the poor man's high end. yet they sound better than almost all of the rich man's high end. I remeber once auditioning a a pair of the paradigm reference series against a $16,000.00 set of mcIntosh speakers. the paradigm speakers killed the mcIntosh) before I sold them

but this what you G_ay but_T will always miss

I'm happy with my sound. again I'm happy with my sound. most people on here are happy with their song

I think my setup sound better than yours. especially if you configured it.

you can't make me think different. go away. don't go away mad, just go away

EricB said:
I see that we are dealing with a racist. that explains everything

why are you talking about heaphones?

I already told you. truth be told the paradigm sound better than the thiel.

I use to custum build house speakers. I sucked at putting the paneling on them, though. my buddy gene did that. I had some custom built house speakers in the early nineties that sounded just as good as the paradigm's (whose make the best speaker on the planet period. they are the poor man's high end. yet they sound better than almost all of the rich man's high end. I remeber once auditioning a a pair of the paradigm reference series against a $16,000.00 set of mcIntosh speakers. the paradigm speakers killed the mcIntosh) before I sold them

but this what you G_ay but_T will always miss

I'm happy with my sound. again I'm happy with my sound. most people on here are happy with their song

I think my setup sound better than yours. especially if you configured it.

you can't make me think different. go away. don't go away mad, just go away
Yes, I admit it. I am racist. It's been my deep dark secret all these years. You've found me out. Hmm, my g ay b utt will always miss, interesting, I never knew that.

Guess what? I don't think my setup will sound better than yours, I know it will. Wow, did you hear that? A guy on the internet said his setup is better than a setup he has never heard, and probably didn't even know about the brands used in it. What a smart person you are, you must have einstein's blood! Congrats, dude.

By the way, paradigm does not make the best speakers. Nor does mcIntosh.

Arguably, the best speakers ever made were the Wilson Audio Grand SLAMM Series II Loudspeakers.

And I'd be willing to bet money you haven't heard of them either.

I am done here, you are a fool and you do not know of what you speak.

Heh, how many times have the both of you said that you guys are done here but continued posting?

I believe EricB is being rather ignorant when he says that technically there's a difference but that realistically the "audiophile geeks" don't hear it. Seems like he's flaming here more than using actual logic (and supporting his claims). EricB - Have you done a detailed (blind/ double-blind) comparison between the sound cards in question? If not, then you should either get around to it or stop all this bickering.

What is worth mentioning here is that 003's premise on the DSP affecting the sound quality to a large degree is based on his hearing a difference between the X-Fi and the Audigy 2. So, because he heard a difference between these two cards using their analog outputs, and because he thinks that both use the same DAC and has read that one resamples the audio to 48khz, he concludes that the difference is atrributed to the DSP at work. He has NOT ABX'd his findings for confirmation and he doesn't have the cards anymore, so his findings lack credibility.

Verdict: DRAW?

003 said:
Yes, I admit it. I am racist. It's been my deep dark secret all these years. You've found me out. Hmm, my g ay b utt will always miss, interesting, I never knew that.

Guess what? I don't think my setup will sound better than yours, I know it will. Wow, did you hear that? A guy on the internet said his setup is better than a setup he has never heard, and probably didn't even know about the brands used in it. What a smart person you are, you must have einstein's blood! Congrats, dude.

By the way, paradigm does not make the best speakers. Nor does mcIntosh.

Arguably, the best speakers ever made were the Wilson Audio Grand SLAMM Series II Loudspeakers.

And I'd be willing to bet money you haven't heard of them either.

I am done here, you are a fool and you do not know of what you speak.

uumm. the best set of speakers haven't been built yet.
they will never ever be built.

I heard the wilson audio at progresive audio here in columbus. they were ok. I like B & W better. b and w are the only speakers that I've heard that sound better than paradigm

that is my opinion and you can't change it.

do any remember me saying that all Geek Audiophile do is put other people stuff down? they love to say

"my stuff is better than yours"

go eat a duck 003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom