Screen dead on GBA, any techies here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
what are the odds if I open it up it will be a loose connection? (though im not sure, if shaken it doesnt help at all), I power it on, I can turn on backlight (i know not important), and the screen somewhat glows, and the sound works, but I get no anything on the screen.

This was a freebie from a friend, what are the odds if I open it up I will be able to fix it?

GBA....

Wow.. Old School ftw!

I don't think you can fix it..

The solution here is to:

Put it on the floor. Go get a hammer, And crush it! :)

And if you mean by not working, then it might be this:

Believe it or not, when you have a scratch on the monitor of your Game Boy it's probably not the screen itself that's damaged. The Game Boy screen is made up of liquid crystals, so if the actual screen were damaged, then your unit is beyond repair. The Game Boy's body actually has a clear plastic outer screen referred to as a “screen cover”. This is not the protective cover you can buy separately but the plastic outer casing covering the sensitive screen.

You can purchase a replacement screen covers that come with a specially designed tool to remove the old cover and install the new one. These covers are available for the Game Boy Classic, Pocket, Color and Advance. The Game Boy Advance SP requires special equipment that is not available so you have to go directly through Nintendo's repair service. Luckily this model is collapsible so your screen is mostly protected. The Game Boy Micro's screen cover is part of the removable faceplate so if it is scratched or damaged you simply need to get a new faceplate.

BUT IF IT'S NOT, PLEASE REPLY AND ALL HELP FURTHER:)

Can look on eBay for a screen for it too; I'm sure there's something on there for a screen for one.

And yeah, GBA isn't 'old school'... If you want 'old school' for a GameBoy series... I still have my original GameBoy :p.

I wish I could fix my first gameboy, such good times...I saved up money for months too get it... and then my mom threw it out the front door one day :(

and btw
Old school = physical activity:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom