gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H boot loop power issues , and no display

ripo66

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,
first I apologize in advance if my English is not that good

I will try to start from the beginning
Since I updated my BIOS version to the latest version on the GIGABYTE motherboard manufacturer's website (F23F version)
I started experiencing a series of different and strange problems

then when I restarted the computer there was no display on the screen...I had to disconnect the power from the computer completely for a whole day and plug it in and only then would the computer come on with a display on the screen.. but even then it would only come on once... when I restarted the computer there was no longer a display on the screen... a phenomenon very strangeI ignored the very fact that upgrading the BIOS version causes the problem... and I started looking for other solutions.... I thought to myself ok, maybe it's the power supply... so I went and bought a brand new power supply.When I connect the new power supply, the computer performs a LOOP loop of restarts for itself... and basically turns itself off and turns itself on again... and does not continue to the operating system

In the last few days, after I installed the new power supply I bought and when the computer was doing restart loops... there was still a display on the screen and I could enter the BIOS... in BIOS mode the computer could work for hours... but when it exits the BIOS and tries to continue to Any BOOT even USB or to the hard disk the computer just immediately does a loop of restarting...

Now after few days in the current situation... there is no display on the screen and the computer just does loops of restarting itself... I notice the fans working and then.. turning off.. and restarting itself again...

am quite discouraged and now I will list what attempts I tried to solve the problem but without success..

*I tried to connect the screen to the video card directly
*I tried to connect the screen to the video card built into the board
*I tried removing the processor and reinserting it..
*I tried to remove all the memories and leave only one memory and switch between them
*I tried to remove the battery from the board
*I tried to put the JUMPER on the board on the CMOS
*I tried to clear the contacts of the memories
*I tried replacing power cables. of screen..
*I replaced a new power supply with an ANTEC CSK 750 model
*I tried disconnecting all the connections from the board and all the SATA cables that are connected.
*I even tried to make sure that the new power supply I bought was really working... so I took another old computer that has a 500 watt power supply
And I connected to it the power supply of the new 750 watt that I bought and indeed the supply is working and there was a display and everything worked...
*Funny as it sounds I even tried replacing the motherboard battery

My specs:
motherboard - GA-H170M-D3H (gigabyte)
4X memory sticks of 8GB total 32GB --- memory model TED48G2400C16BK (DDR4 2400)
cpu - I5-6600
nvidia geforce 1080p
750W psu (ANTEC CSK 750W)

Appreciate your help in advance... I would love to know what else can be done?

Kinda sounds like a bios setting to me.
Have you tried re-setting the bios?
Is your windows drive the first drive in the boot order and did you have this pc over clocked? If I over clock my board too much I get a power loop too, but I usually see an error relating to that, and some beeps too. Check the boards manual for all the proper bios settings. Did you happen to take note of the previous bios settings before you updated the bios?

He
Kinda sounds like a bios setting to me.
Have you tried re-setting the bios?
Is your windows drive the first drive in the boot order and did you have this pc over clocked? If I over clock my board too much I get a power loop too, but I usually see an error relating to that, and some beeps too. Check the boards manual for all the proper bios settings. Did you happen to take note of the previous bios settings before you updated the bios?
hello @Joe C ,
I don't remember the BIOS settings before the update
how i re setting the bios ? At the moment, in the current state that turns on the computer, I don't even have a display on the screen....
my pc not have any beeps its very strange

how i re setting the bios ? At the moment, in the current state that turns on the computer, I don't even have a display on the screen....
Power off the computer. Disconnect the power cable. Press and hold the power button the computer for a few seconds to discharge the capacitors. Open up the computer and remove the coin battery from the motherboard for a couple of minutes. This will clear the BIOS settings and set them back to the default. Replace the battery, close up the computer, reconnect the power cable, and fire the computer back up.

If you had another video card or monitor it would really help with additional troubleshooting, or another computer to put the video card into to test it.

Power off the computer. Disconnect the power cable. Press and hold the power button the computer for a few seconds to discharge the capacitors. Open up the computer and remove the coin battery from the motherboard for a couple of minutes. This will clear the BIOS settings and set them back to the default. Replace the battery, close up the computer, reconnect the power cable, and fire the computer back up.

If you had another video card or monitor it would really help with additional troubleshooting, or another computer to put the video card into to test it.
I did everything you said including turning off the computer and discharging the power, unfortunately it still doesn't show anything on the screen (black screen)

Regarding the video card.. I also checked it on another computer and it is completely working... by the way, the built-in ONBOARD input of the video card does not show any image on the screen either
Hello everyone,
first I apologize in advance if my English is not that good

I will try to start from the beginning
Since I updated my BIOS version to the latest version on the GIGABYTE motherboard manufacturer's website (F23F version)
I started experiencing a series of different and strange problems

then when I restarted the computer there was no display on the screen...I had to disconnect the power from the computer completely for a whole day and plug it in and only then would the computer come on with a display on the screen.. but even then it would only come on once... when I restarted the computer there was no longer a display on the screen... a phenomenon very strangeI ignored the very fact that upgrading the BIOS version causes the problem... and I started looking for other solutions.... I thought to myself ok, maybe it's the power supply... so I went and bought a brand new power supply.When I connect the new power supply, the computer performs a LOOP loop of restarts for itself... and basically turns itself off and turns itself on again... and does not continue to the operating system

In the last few days, after I installed the new power supply I bought and when the computer was doing restart loops... there was still a display on the screen and I could enter the BIOS... in BIOS mode the computer could work for hours... but when it exits the BIOS and tries to continue to Any BOOT even USB or to the hard disk the computer just immediately does a loop of restarting...

Now after few days in the current situation... there is no display on the screen and the computer just does loops of restarting itself... I notice the fans working and then.. turning off.. and restarting itself again...

am quite discouraged and now I will list what attempts I tried to solve the problem but without success..

*I tried to connect the screen to the video card directly
*I tried to connect the screen to the video card built into the board
*I tried removing the processor and reinserting it..
*I tried to remove all the memories and leave only one memory and switch between them
*I tried to remove the battery from the board
*I tried to put the JUMPER on the board on the CMOS
*I tried to clear the contacts of the memories
*I tried replacing power cables. of screen..
*I replaced a new power supply with an ANTEC CSK 750 model
*I tried disconnecting all the connections from the board and all the SATA cables that are connected.
*I even tried to make sure that the new power supply I bought was really working... so I took another old computer that has a 500 watt power supply
And I connected to it the power supply of the new 750 watt that I bought and indeed the supply is working and there was a display and everything worked...
*Funny as it sounds I even tried replacing the motherboard battery

My specs:
motherboard - GA-H170M-D3H (gigabyte)
4X memory sticks of 8GB total 32GB --- memory model TED48G2400C16BK (DDR4 2400)
cpu - I5-6600
nvidia geforce 1080p
750W psu (ANTEC CSK 750W)

Appreciate your help in advance... I would love to know what else can be done?
Hello everyone, a new update... I was able to clear cmos with two wires, apparently this time I did it well, but at the moment I get to the POST screen, and then if I press the BIOS entry option, I can stay there for an unlimited time, but if I exit the BIOS, the computer continues reboots itself with a display and then goes back to the BOOT loop until I enter the BIOS menu again, that means I'm back to the beginning only now if it's possible to see the BIOS

PLEASE SEE THE PICTURES I UPLOAD AT THIS 2 LINKS

https://ibb.co/McBZ0cH

https://ibb.co/722K5PC

Now the question is how do I continue from here? The computer loops with BIOS and cannot reach the operating system and cannot BOOT from USB

hello Hello everyone, a new update and good news!

after i did clear cmos with two wires , one way with pc power on

and other way with pc turn of without the battry

so the only thing i was able to do its only go inside the bios or stay with the boot loop

so i was think to my self why not install again the last bios version F22f

i was installing again and the q-flash utility was asking to confirm and boom it boot to windows immediately

And I was so happy and excited that everything was working again... after 4 months

I really appreciate your help and many thanks

Back
Top Bottom