Horror

Banned
so I just felt like creating this thread

what's your favourite ipad app??

I like temple run quite a bit although i dont get much time to play it

so I just felt like creating this thread

what's your favourite ipad app??

I like temple run quite a bit although i dont get much time to play it

I don't own an iPad, but I do have an iPhone and iPod touch and my favorite app for those is Bluetooth File Exchange. It's the closest thing to bluetooth OBEX you can find on an Apple mobile device that isn't jailbroken.

I don't own an iPad, but I do have an iPhone and iPod touch and my favorite app for those is Bluetooth File Exchange. It's the closest thing to bluetooth OBEX you can find on an Apple mobile device that isn't jailbroken.

so i guess you can transfer apps to each other ?? thats awesome !! (think you know why but im not gonna mention it :p )

The app I use by far the most is Alien Blue... And then probably Chrome :tongue:

so i guess you can transfer apps to each other ?? thats awesome !! (think you know why but im not gonna mention it :p )

Not apps, but you can transfer images, contacts and pretty much any other files that the app can access. Usually they need to be saved into the app itself, like through iTunes. Sucks but still better than nothing.

Not apps, but you can transfer images, contacts and pretty much any other files that the app can access. Usually they need to be saved into the app itself, like through iTunes. Sucks but still better than nothing.

You can do that through the original Bluetooth anyway?? So whats the point in having an additional app for that??

You can do that through the original Bluetooth anyway?? So whats the point in having an additional app for that??

The point of the app is that it enables that ability. Apple iDevices do not have bluetooth OBEX natively. Not yet anyway. The bluetooth is really only used for audio and occasional data sharing. If the devices could do it without the app I doubt Apple would let it stay on the market.

The point of the app is that it enables that ability. Apple iDevices do not have bluetooth OBEX natively. Not yet anyway. The bluetooth is really only used for audio and occasional data sharing. If the devices could do it without the app I doubt Apple would let it stay on the market.

So what files can the app access that the original Bluetooth can't ??

So what files can the app access that the original Bluetooth can't ??

I don't think you understand what I mean. The original bluetooth programming built into iOS does not contain any type of file transfer capability. All it's good for with vanilla iOS is audio streaming to a headset or a car, and a shared data connection. The app contains the programming required to send files and such via bluetooth connection. It enables that ability so to speak, and only works through the app itself. iDevices with bluetooth can't send files to each other without this app. That's why it's in the App Store, Apple doesn't natively offer its function in iOS. ;)

I don't think you understand what I mean. The original bluetooth programming built into iOS does not contain any type of file transfer capability. All it's good for with vanilla iOS is audio streaming to a headset or a car, and a shared data connection. The app contains the programming required to send files and such via bluetooth connection. It enables that ability so to speak, and only works through the app itself. iDevices with bluetooth can't send files to each other without this app. That's why it's in the App Store, Apple doesn't natively offer its function in iOS. ;)

oh right ! whats the point of offering an app??? why doesnt apple just offer it through original means??? you may not be able to answer that LOL !

well is that app free?? then ill consider getting it :)

Back
Top Bottom