Great Sound?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Actually there is a pretty big difference. First of all, the juli@ is not my source, it is my digital transport to an external DAC. Second of all, you have a great recording setup, I am talking about playback here. Third, it is widely agreed by audiophiles (trying not to sound cocky here, I cant think of another word to call them, because, well thats what they are) that the Audigy2 has terrible sound quality, especially for the price. For about the same price, you could get a juli@ or E-MU 0404, and the sound quality difference would be astronomical. There are also sound cards for a fraction of the price of the Audigy2 which sound much much better, such as the Chaintech AV-710.

I know, I can not STAND a recessed midrange. People are so dumb, the effects of heavy distortion and no midrange are so glaringly obvious, and yet people dont do a thing about it, probably not even noticing it, or making any effort to try and correct it.

Not to be offensive or anything, but we cant notice the little things you notice because our ears arent trained like urs

For example: my cousin cant tell a difference between the xfi and my onboard sound... cause hes used to listening to the radio in a raggedy car :( (thats of course with most of the effects off)

To me it kinda sounds like your gettin mad at us ;)
003 said:
"People are so dumb"
...good thing you didnt use caps :D

im 14 so just being able to listen to an xfi is my version of being an audiophile

Btw, how do u say audiophile?

Is it: Aud-e-o-fell or Aud-e-o-feel?

Aud-e-o-file (as in nail file)

I'm just saying, if we are strictly talking sound quality here and not gaming features, you could get a lot better sound quality than you do now from your current speakers/soundcard for the same price.

molsen said:
yes, radio SQ SUCKS. the only radio i listen to is NPR. also, so much music today is so heavily compressed that the signal is clipping. then the radio station compresses it again, so you get HORRIBLE sounding music. almost unbearable, really

an audiophile, to me, is anyone who has a very crticial ear for every aspect of music and sound. but everyone's sensitivities to certain frequencies are different, so no one can have the same taste in speakers, amps, EQ adjustments, etc.

what bothers me is when people can't hear their music distorting when it's too loud. or if they have all treble and bass and no midrange AT ALL.

being an audiophile is EXPENSIVE, and i am constantly using the best I can for cheap. what sounds good to me sounds good to me. but it never sounds good enough :confused:

we must be related

there are 3 versions of audiophile.

1. the people trying get there (they don't know that they are already audiophiles)

2. basically what molsen said (I'm in that bunch)

3. the geek audiophile. the one who overdo everything and then put other people down when they don't see their way.

you know, the one who spend hundred of of dollars on rca cable, optical cable and speaker wire, claiming that it make the speakers sound better

there nothing wrong with audigy 2. Crysalis once post link showing that the audigy 2 was better than the x-fi on the statistical side (we have been telling everybody that there no improvement on the x-fi for months)

just go the digital route with and you can't go wrong. people make claim that the DAC's sound different but if you got 24bit, you are all right. shoot anything over 16bit is fine really. 90% percent of the world can't tell the difference.

what kill me is when somebody say that their DAC sound better than your 24 bit.

WHATEVER.

they will have one with 128-135 signal to noise ratio to my 120db S/N that my yamaha and lexicon is capable of producing.

just trust me, when I tell you that nothing human can tell that difference.

Most of those Expensive DAC converters makers put more output voltage on their devices to make people think that they can hear a difference, when in real life if you equal the level there is none.

been in florida my whole life, actually. yea, some people spend way too much on overkill equipment it seems. especially, for music playback. for recording, often overly-expensive equipment can sound better (and i say "can" because that's only if used right and in conjunction with other high-quality components) but it's usually overkill for playback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom