Does WoW run good on 1GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive tried it out on 3gb of ram with my 7900gs and i can get frames of 150+ and alt tabbing is a cinch. too bad i picked september to quit.

Hmm, in response to those saying Ironforge lags - I've not noticed anything too special. My frame rate is usually around 55, with settings maxed, and in the MC raid, or in Ironforge, it drops to 45-ish...still nothing I notice. The only thing that does make it obvious, is logging in with 40 people around you...as your character takes a good 20 seconds to show up. :)

Also bear in mind all of my external apps I have running 100% of the time.

On a fun note, if / when you ever do the 40-man raids, get dual-screens! Then have WoW on one, and StarCraft (Woot!)/CS/WCIII etc. on the other - for the hours of stalled time (wiping, waiting to start, etc, etc)...it's just plain fun that way...haha.

Harper said:
It works fine on 1Gb of Ram.

1 to 15 in about 30 minutes..... YEAH RIGHT! More like level 5
You can normally get through the first 20 level with in about 24 hours of game play. This is provided that you are not trying to work on your professions. But after that, it then takes longer per level.

With the assistance of (a good) guild and guilds, you can normally get up to level 60 in about 350 hours of game play. Like if you really want to level up quickly, do not waste your time on instances as the XP is dead slow on those.

I would say that is about right... I started a Blood Elf Hunter on Dalaran last night... got halfway to level 9 in 2 hours.... that was on/off helping my girl with her homework, and also leveling primary/secondary professions (enchanting, leatherworking)...

F-22-1.gif

MurdaX said:
Hey guys a family member of mine only has 1GB of RAM and was wondering if WoW would run good without any lags until he can save up and get another 1GB of RAM. He know that the recommended amount of RAM is 1 GB and the minimum is 512 MB of RAM, but he has heard romours that it lags even with the 1GB of RAM and that they should get 2 GB of RAM. I would like to know if this is true and how badly does it lag if so with 1GB of RAM.

runs perfectly with 1gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom