sound crackling

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldcrow

Baseband Member
this is really weird after my pc is on for a while like after i turn it back on from standby. My sound will be crackling when opening a file,program,website anything that uses cpu usage. Its more of a crackling sound like if i was moving around the plugs or something from the speakers. I know its not my soundcard because i tried another sound card. I put both of them in the same cab and i got about the same problem. After i restart my computer it seems to go away but i want to know whats the problem here.

Maybe your speakers just suck? Try to find some other speakers, or even head phones, to test out and see if the noise persists.

my speakers go for 300 dolors dont say they suck. i spent good money on them. Logitech® Z-5300e 5.1 surround THX. Its not the speakers it also does the static sound with headphones.

I have the same problem. It's not like "cracking" persay, but like skipping and it sounds like it is lagging at spots. It isn't just after it is idle, it is right when I start my computer. It isn't speakers or headphones. It isn't sound card(s) I tried SB Live and my onboard sound, which should work flawlessly. I still get the crappy sound.

I don't know if it is a cause but I have been skipping around in online games as well, probably coincidence, tho. It really is pissing me off, I took out the sound card, disconnected/reconnected the wires and it still is crappy. I also dl'd the drivers from the creative website. Still no help.

Any help would be appreciated.

lol yeah! glad i'm not the only one with this problem. Sad thing is when i was putting in my friends soundcard to test, my soundcard dropped out of my hand and hit my rug... and now its broken:( o well, i'm going to buy a new one, for now my friend was nice enough to let me hold onto it for a while.

That sucks. I really need some upgrades for my computer, but I also want a new paintball gun, and a system for my car... lol.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME (US)

I'm not sure. Do you like you mobo? Is your cpu overclocked? I'm thinking of getting a 3000+ but please respond in pm...

ANYBODY HAVE IDEAS FOR MY SOUND PROBLEM?

EDIT: WTF? I just tried my music again, and now it works fine. This is retarted. It plays right when it wants to. Somebody please help.

EDITEDIT: Ok, this is seriously retarted. Please help me, I'm going to go insane, now it is skipping.

try switching your soundcard to a different cab to make sure its not just the cab or the mobo, i put mine in a different cab, left the pc on standby and then this morning i had the crackling sound in my sound. I think i'm going to send back this mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom