CellFactor Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionRAY

In Runtime
Hey everyone the Cell Factor demo is out (the thing with the crazy physics meant for the new PPU technology). You can only play it with one of those new cards..however, I have found a secret hidden thing in the folder ;)

After downloading, go to the folder you installed it in, then find System Editor, and then scroll down until you see Reality Builder (has a bending spoon).

This is the map editor that the developers use. Go to File>Open. Make sure it is set to look for all formats, and then locate the map file (forget the name, but it ends in something like .reb and I think it starts out in that folder). Then Go to Play on the toolbar--haha! Pretty surprised I found all this actually.

I am going to explore some more, but so far it seems really cool and the game runs fine without any PPU. I'm impressed so far. Gotta go.

Demo is availible on http://www.ageia.com/

Downloading it now...this game looks like it's nothing more than a demo for PPUs similar to how Doom3 was really just a demo for Geforce6 cards, still wanna see how it looks and how a game that is supposedly built for intensive physics operations competes with HL2 physics as well as how it runs without a PPU

Either way there's some good stuff coming out, this + the new ghost recon both look amazing and then Episode 1 will be out in under a month which looks like it has a lot of updated textures for Source

lol - anytime someone writes "I THINK" 3 or 4 times in a post, I tend to stay away from trying, WHAT THEY THINK.

NO offence, but it's a Physics Demo for the PPU card. Which isn't even available to DIYers yet. BFG's is supposed to be available tomorrow and ASUS sometime in the next few weeks. Personally, i'll wait for ASUS's card. And i'll wait on the demo until I get the card.

But, good luck and keep tinkering.

HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - anytime someone writes "I THINK" 3 or 4 times in a post, I tend to stay away from trying, WHAT THEY THINK.

NO offence, but it's a Physics Demo for the PPU card. Which isn't even available to DIYers yet. BFG's is supposed to be available tomorrow and ASUS sometime in the next few weeks. Personally, i'll wait for ASUS's card. And i'll wait on the demo until I get the card.

But, good luck and keep tinkering.

Hahaha :p

I think I write "I think" all the time. How about this: I know it works--and you don't need a $300 card just to see if you like how the game plays.

gaara said:
Demo is availible on http://www.ageia.com/

Downloading it now...this game looks like it's nothing more than a demo for PPUs similar to how Doom3 was really just a demo for Geforce6 cards, still wanna see how it looks and how a game that is supposedly built for intensive physics operations competes with HL2 physics as well as how it runs without a PPU

Figured out some stuff:

V throws a physics grenade.
Q puts you in overhead perspective
Z shows the scope zoom
Space is the force push
Control is the Force Pull

The latter two act very similarly to the gravity gun in HL2 (even using the scroll wheel to pull closer), but you can still hold a gun while using them.

Also, I found out that some of the boxes (rectangular ones) dispense the "psi boost" shown in the video, that allows you to fly around and use ridiculously strong powers. And there is a menu in the editor with the word insert next to it: this allows insertion of things like bots and helicopters into the level for playing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom