Cant Get My Web Global!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

empire03

Solid State Member
hello i am trying to set up a online games website.but i have ran into a problem.when i put my global ip in address bar it goes to my modem homepage.I know it isnt supposed to do that and when others try to connect the get nothing at all to come up.so im in need of some help.basically i need to make my gloabl ip not go to my modem page.If anyone knows how to change it i would greatly apprecaite it alot.

yes i have forwarded the ports.everyone can copnnect to my game from my global ip but no one can go to site.idk what to do.....someone plz help

Based on the information you gave us, I can only conclude that you are using your PRIVATE IP address, which would put you at the router login page. You have to be sure to use the PUBLIC IP that the ISP gives you.

Also, is this site being hosted on your LAN, or on the internet somewhere?

it is on my lan and i am using my global address i called my isp and they said that it shouldnt be looping like that to my router.they couldnt help me so i just gave up on it thx for the help tho

your ISP is not the person to call for this. They have no idea how to solve your problem because they didnt sell you your router and this really has nothing to do with them. If you give more information, this is the place to solve your problem.

what more info is there to give.ok ill redo all i can think of.

ok well when i put my global ip in my address bar it goes to my router config,yes i am sure it is my global.i get my global ip from www.whatismyip.com .well i pinged my global ip and it said it worked so i pinged the domain for my ip and it worked and i cant reminber what i did next but this thing came up and it had 2 numbers.1st it had my defualt gateway.then for #2 it had my domain for my ip which is http://dymu.no-ip.org .And noone can see my site but me and i can only see it if i go to the url bar and put 127.0.0.1 thats the only way.so idk it seems that there is like a priority list set for the ip.idk what to do but it goes straaight to my router home page.so if there is a way to change this i would love to know how.

Are you sure that in your router, you forwarded port 80 to your IP address? It should be something like this on your port forwarding page in your router:
IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 80 Make sure that TCP and UDP are checked or chosen

If you do that and it still doesn't work, type this into your address bar(after you forward the ports): YOUR GLOBAL IP ADDRESS:80

Make sure to include the ":80"

hey add me msn or aim plz so we can discuss faster.

msn:paintballer03_42@hotmail.com
aim:rednecking247

i would really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom