Who's modded an xBox?

Which Mozilla Browser is Better? Mozilla 1.6 or Mozilla Firefox 0.8?

• Mozilla 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox 0.8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've modded my xbox a number of times, I've done a few presentantions for a class in college last semester where I had to un-mod and remod my xbox, esentially I've only modded one, but I've done it several times.

Microsoft XBox v1.5
-2x 200GB WesternDigital HDDs
-OEM XBox 10GB Seagate HDD
-Phillips DVD-ROM
-Xtender Kit(With Custom Air Flow Vents)
-Custom Blow Hole Fan Mod
-Oversized OEM Cooling Fan
-Xecuter 3 ModChip
-X3 Control Panel
-Running XBox Dashboard, Avalaunch, and GentooX

Other then hardware mods, performance wise I have a couple other mods.
-Customized Case Paint Scheme(Fins,Non-Textured Surfaces Chrome. Textured Surfaces Yellow. Protective Clear Coat)
-Power On/Off for S Controller, and DVD Remote
-LEDs that match the color of the eject button LED depending on its active color(LEDs located in Active Controller Ports, HDD activity light)

Thats it, its rather simple and customized to my needs, which are Gamming, and occational need to play with linux on a xbox, and live for map updates.

-----

But I gotta tell you about the blow hole, because I dont think many came up with this idea for xbox yet, or made it look near stock. Asfar as what I did I dry sanded the jewl, then wet sanded it till back to transparent. Then dremeled a hole in the top leaving a 1cm lip(I had planned on glueing the jewl back on till I got this idea) Then I got a sheet of 1cm thick plastic and heated the plastic into a curve that fits the lip and let it chill back to solid instead of a flexible solid. After making 5 of them that left enough room for air to escape. Glued these to the lip and jewl using epoxy. Then for the fan I found 4 srew holes that I was able to glue to the lid of the xbox after cutting away enough of the heat shield to fit a 80mm fan. After that and everything is secure youre done, and just connect the fan into the same power drawl as the stock OEM fan. Now you have a fan that blows hot air out the top of the lid while keeping the jewl in its same location.

If this wasnt a big enough of a tutorial feel free to send me a pm, and Ill help you out.

JoshuaXB said:
Microsoft XBox v1.5
-2x 200GB WesternDigital HDDs
-OEM XBox 10GB Seagate HDD
-Phillips DVD-ROM
-Xtender Kit(With Custom Air Flow Vents)
-Custom Blow Hole Fan Mod
-Oversized OEM Cooling Fan
-Xecuter 3 ModChip
-X3 Control Panel
-Running XBox Dashboard, Avalaunch, and GentooX

Other then hardware mods, performance wise I have a couple other mods.
-Customized Case Paint Scheme(Fins,Non-Textured Surfaces Chrome. Textured Surfaces Yellow. Protective Clear Coat)
-Power On/Off for S Controller, and DVD Remote
-LEDs that match the color of the eject button LED depending on its active color(LEDs located in Active Controller Ports, HDD activity light)

Thats it, its rather simple and customized to my needs, which are Gamming, and occational need to play with linux on a xbox, and live for map updates.

-----

But I gotta tell you about the blow hole, because I dont think many came up with this idea for xbox yet, or made it look near stock. Asfar as what I did I dry sanded the jewl, then wet sanded it till back to transparent. Then dremeled a hole in the top leaving a 1cm lip(I had planned on glueing the jewl back on till I got this idea) Then I got a sheet of 1cm thick plastic and heated the plastic into a curve that fits the lip and let it chill back to solid instead of a flexible solid. After making 5 of them that left enough room for air to escape. Glued these to the lip and jewl using epoxy. Then for the fan I found 4 srew holes that I was able to glue to the lid of the xbox after cutting away enough of the heat shield to fit a 80mm fan. After that and everything is secure youre done, and just connect the fan into the same power drawl as the stock OEM fan. Now you have a fan that blows hot air out the top of the lid while keeping the jewl in its same location.

If this wasnt a big enough of a tutorial feel free to send me a pm, and Ill help you out.
Thats cool. Post some pics of that. I meet someone who had built his own xbox somehow.

Myself, ive never modded anything. Might someday though.

The second my phone line gets repaired Ill up them to a host. Other then that my connection is limited due to radio interference and a unbalnced phone line so I got a max up and down of about .5kb/s. Also I cant hold a stable connection long so Im SOL.

I wanna mod my xbox sometime, I just hate people that use mods on xbox live. They need mods to win. Now I dont mind if you use your mods to mess around and have fun in a custom game or something but when im playing a ranked match and people use there mods to make it where my team mates and I are falling from the sky and getting snipped... thats bogus. People need to learn how to play the game and not mod during ranked games. Whats worse is they talk trash to you when you cant do anything about it. Its sad when people resort to cheating.

Ive got 2 personally but ive installed modshipds and softmods numerous times on other xboxs. Here are mine.
xbox 1:
-1.0 xbox
-200gb maxtor
-xenium spice (quick solder method)
-evox m8+ bios
-unleash x
-blue leds in the controller ports, replaced green eject leds with blue/red leds, 80mm blue led fan install
-dvd and jewel cutout but no dvd drive or clear jewel lol

xbox 2:
-1.1 xbox
-x3ce install
-x3 bios (of coarse)
-xbmc as dash
-160gb seagate
-samsung 605b
-cleared jewel and working dvd window
-blue/UV controller port leds, 80mm blue fan install, lots more blue and UV leds to be installed for this project "burple" im calling it. It will be half purple and half blue everywhere. paintob, leds, etc.
-its still a WIP right now but its coming along good so far.....
- when I bought the xbox it had a very messed up paintjob on the front faceplate. look in the pics to see what I mean....

Pics are

here. the last 4 pics in that album are all xbox 1 pics, while the rest are all xbox 2 pics. more to come soon!

I have soft modded my Xbox but not actually moddded it
i think the soft mod was good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom