Wal-Mart Shoppers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vybuni said:
Ewww. Walmart.

Too many rednecks and white trash.

HaHaHaHa. I laughed my arse off when I read that!

If I'm close to broke, I'll get my toiletries there, but I go when it opens on Sun morning and I run through the store. Basically a drive-by-shopping.

I lived in a place called Lake County and it was RN and WT central, between all the people in the store you might get a full mouth of teeth....

OK, i'll tell you my one dislike about Wal-Mart:

All the immature girly teenagers in there...get's me pretty angry :(

Wal-Mart is really cheap due to the money they have been able to cut in their distribution/warehouse part of their business. They have one the most sophisticated systems in the business. A friend took a marketing class in school and Wal-Mart was a major discussion point. They really have their **** together if you ask me.

I also love their "We have the latest selection of games"

It should be illegal for WalMart to even sell games. So many people (read "kids") walk in and buy a game that the barrel-bottom Dell that their Mommy and Daddy bought them cannot even hope to run...

And Trotter, Wal-mart DOES NOT sell the same stuff at cheaper prices. There is a reason its cheaper. With electronics, tires, clothes, and probably tons more stuff, the product is manufactured custom FOR Wal-Mart to be cheaper.

Of course some of it is. Everyone knows that. But not all of it is.

As for electronics, there's not much I would buy there. I bought my first 19" LCD there. While it's not the greatest, it works fine. I would buy speakers there, and maybe a hard drive if I was in a pinch. I've bought plenty of blank media there as well.

Mostly, I buy groceries/food there. I love hitting their deli.

Oh, and the two supercenters here are both clean and well ran (except for never having enough registers open). Both are open 24/7.

Trotter said:
Mostly, I buy groceries/food there. I love hitting their deli.

Our Wal-Mart in Victoria has a 1-year old "Grocery" aisle that mostly sells bread, canned food, and baking stuffs. I haven't seen a deli there, yet...

talldude123 said:
You have to deal with the PROS and CONS Vybuni

PROS: Low prices, good staff

CONS: Line-ups, and yes, Rednecks.

Do you have a problem with rednecks?:mad:

Because some people might consider me one.:p

Yes i will go to Wally world to buy things, but i do agree that it destroys small town economics.

South Park makes a great example of that in one their episodes.

Our Wal-Mart in Victoria has a 1-year old "Grocery" aisle that mostly sells bread, canned food, and baking stuffs. I haven't seen a deli there, yet...

That's the difference between a WalMart and a WalMart SuperCenter.

A SuperCenter has a full grocery store in it, as well as a full automotive department (oil changes, tires, and such[about 4-6 bays]), and is just friggin' huge.

The first WalMart here became a grocery store when it moved out (is now a Christian book store, one of the biggest in the USA). The second one was split up, and now houses a Tractor Supply, as well as an interior accents type warehouse store, an eye dostor, and a handbag/jewelry outlet.

The original SuperCenter in on the north end of town, and is about 12 years old. The new one in on the south side (closer to me, but I prefer the old one as I know where everything is), and is about three years old. The new one has a huge plaza with it that includes three strip malls, a Zaxby's, and two banks (I think they are building a third).

i like the wal but we dont have one here...

otherwise i'd probly go there about 1 time a month on average... up to 1x a week during the holidays maybe :p

Here's a cartoon version of Wal-Mart, just video footage from "Mega-Lo-Mart". This is probably what Wal-Mart is in Texas; full of hicks, and the staff don't know nothin!

<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s12.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/hotmatt99/DSCI0234.flv"></embed>

I'm trying to upload a better quality one right now; these were taken from the camera pointing to the TV set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom