The iPad 3 fiasco

MillField

Daemon Poster
Earlier this year I thought I would venture into the world of tablet PC's. As an Apple fan the logical option was the iPad. Although very similar to the iPad 2 it was the first iPad to include a retina display. I was delighted with it.

Then a short few months later Apple decided to release the iPad 4, The true retina display iPad complete with a beefed up processor and GPU. I am now left with an iPad that is under-powered as it struggle to keep it's retina display running. I notice some apps being very slightly laggy. Not much but noticeable.

Anyone else angry that Apple made such a ridiculous mistake? :mad:

Last edited:
Thankfully I returned my iPad 3 when I could. I'm genuinely happy with my iPad mini :tongue: Even though it's underpowered.. I don't do much on it other than read and browse the Internet / a few "light" games (GTA 3, GTA Vice City, Geometry Wars, Monopoly)

Yep. I notice very brief loading lag at the start of GTA Vice City but that's it

MillField;2008301Then a short few months later Apple decided to release the iPad 4 said:
I do a lot of iPad repairs in Dallas area. To be honest, I haven't seen much difference between the two in performance or else.

I don't think the changes in iPad 4 are worth the upgrade or worrying that you got a lesser iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a lot of iPad repairs in Dallas area. To be honest, I haven't seen much difference between the two in performance or else.

I don't think the changes in iPad 4 are worth the upgrade or worrying that you got a lesser iPad.

Sweet. I definitely wouldn't upgrade for a long time.. I suppose there won't be a lot of difference between the two until next year when better and more power hungry apps are released.

Back
Top Bottom