Searching for good photo album program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimist

Solid State Member
Hello everybody,

I have a big family and lately I have started gathering photos of our family meetings, kid photos and more plus some very old pictures of my great-grandfathers which are very old for safekeeping.
I have recently started scanning and saving all those pictures in digital form in my PC, to make them viewable along with the more modern digital pics I take from my mobile phone.

I am looking for programs that can be used to organize photos in templates according to date and content.
I also want the albums to be straightforward and also be able to customise them with different skins for children and adults. I will make a DVD archive for the whole family.

I tried google's picasa but it was too plain for my needs, I have also seen a couple more programs.
So I am looking for a program that would work somewhat like photo collage maker or Photoshine . If you know what I mean.

I'd prefer if it was a freeware or at least with a long trial period. If I am to pay money for a program then I think I should better get my photos to a professional photographer instead to make them into an archive.

Iphoto or Windows photo gallery work great for tagging and organizing. both come with their OS's. Otherwise, you can use something like Adobe Bridge which just references whatever folder structure you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom