Sata hard drive not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

couchfire

Beta member
Hi. i just got a new Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive and i have tried everything i can think of but i just cant seem to get it to find the hard drive. I have a MGuru motherboard witht he model number kv8 pro.

Have you tried using different cables, or using the same cables on a different drive to ensure that the cables are ok? Can you describe how you determined the drive is not working? What kind of setup do you have right now, and how does this new drive fit into it? Is this the ONLY hard drive, or an extra hard drive?

you need to jumper it to sata1 in order for the mobo to pick it up as it supports sata1 only , sata2 drives are backward compatible but not automatically it all depends on the jumper position..

You need to install SATA drivers for your *Abit* KV8 pro to recognise it. These will be found on your motherboards CD.

Since when has a hdd needed a jumper for it. They are backwards compatible with out the need for a jumper.

Did you allocate a partition? If you do not, the operating system will not see the drive until you allocate and format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom