Rocky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another 10 years, Arnie and Stallone should get together and make some sortta Odd Couple type action flick.. I'd pay good money to see it.. :D

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
it will be kind of like the Star Trek series, they had somethign like 10 flicks.
But at least with star trek, it was some thing different every time ; Even though it was nothing more than a high budget exstended episode.

Rocky is a set formula.

BTW, we are going to have another Star Trek Film in the next 2 years.
All I know is that it's set in the TOS timeline.
Although, I am not sure how they are going to do it.
Capt. Kirk is died in ST:Generations
James Doohan, aka SCOTTY on Star Trek, passed away earlier this year.
DeForest Kelley (McCoy) passed away in 1999.

Mainwhile George Taki (Sulu) is begging any TV Studio to give him go ahead with
Star Trek Excelsior. Like Taki is ready to do it for free. The fans want it. However the studio are just on interested.

assunta said:
Rocky 6, Terminator 4, and then we're also having Scream 4. its raining crap films.
I don't know about T4.
Firstly, Arnie is too busy with politics right now. So it would suck if we did not have Arnie it.
Secondly, T3 really killed the Terminator Franchise by tell us that "WE ARE ALL ****ED regardless how many time we go back in time"

adrian wont be starring in this movie. its up in the air whether or not rocky will be a widower or not, id assume so.

my local morning radio show, in philly, has been going crazy over this movie and im already sick of hearing it.

Harper said:
I don't know about T4.
Firstly, Arnie is too busy with politics right now. So it would suck if we did not have Arnie it.
Secondly, T3 really killed the Terminator Franchise by tell us that "WE ARE ALL ****ED regardless how many time we go back in time"
T2 was lame too. Who wants to see the terminator as a good guy? F*** that! I want to see him drive a car through a police station and kill 30 cops in the persuit of his victim. :D

j4ckaL said:
T2 was lame too. Who wants to see the terminator as a good guy? F*** that!
T2 kicked ass. Especally the special edition which has another 30 minutes of footage (and really good footage too)

About the only thing that did not like abiyt T2 was Edward Furlong (Young John Connor) acting.
The fact that he sounds like a girl in that movie drives me nuts.
It's nearly as bad as Hayden Christensen in Episode II and III

I agree, I think Hayden Christensen sounds like a chick and is a terrible actor to boot. He sounds like he's nervous and scared all the time, hardly the Darth Vader I was expecting.

I hear Adrian is gonna be passed-away in the story line?.. hmm.. that'll be weird.. In anycase, I doubt they'll make Rocky win the title again. Probably be much like in the first movie where he just shows that he has it.. But loses.. And ultimately some kind of reflection/self justification moment at the end of the movie..

That last scene in Godfather 3, really touched me.. Not in a sensitive, tear-eyed way, but a more manly way.. Obviously.. :grind:

I just had McAfee spring me free tickets to see Rocky VI.

All I can say is this.... it's completes the series on a lighter not than what Rocky V did.

Like in Rocky V, Rocky retires and through out the film it's this entire doom and gloom about how his fighting days are over. And with that entire street fight at the end, it did leave the series off on a negative note.
At least with Rocky Balboa, it the finally that we should of seen instead of Rocky V. Rocky's moved on from his boxing career, and appart from "stuff" that he needs to work out, he more or less a happy with himself.
The only thing that I did not like about this film was that it was a lot of talk. Like it take most of the film just in order to get up to the party where Rocky is going to challenge Mason 'The Line' Dixon.
This movie can only be truely enjoyied if you have seen some of the earlier Rocky Films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom