Potentially the longest thread in history...

Heres a question: If you could establish neural connection to other people as a more effective form a communication and, with practice, collective thought - would you be willing to do it?

We must construct additional pylons.
Hard pass.

Now a days - yes.
It used to be- not so long ago= Well I lean this way on this issue, and that way on another issue, etc.

NOW it is I am a - conservative/republican/right winger or I am a liberal/Democrat/Left winger - and that is it. NO room for individualism, no room for disagreement with respect, it just builds hate, and intolerance. It is sad... I think it was better before - it allowed for compromising with others. So guess your right, I am living in the past politically as I don't fit into the right or left "groups" as they are defined by the current media and popularism labels. I consider myself a conservative - not a republican.
Well that's the thing, it's still there you just can't get sucked into the "social media" style of political appeals. I consider myself nothing. I lean in many directions in my political and world beliefs and people hate that kinda stuff.

It's just as bad here in Aus :/ what started as grouping people based on a shared set of core beliefs quickly turned into "my group is better than your group" schoolyard BS. If one party comes up with an idea, the other party will deride it purely because the opposing party likes it. Absolute stupidity.
Though I will say, I *am* glad that we've at least got a preferential voting system where your votes aren't wasted if you vote for a smaller party.

Heres a question: If you could establish neural connection to other people as a more effective form a communication and, with practice, collective thought - would you be willing to do it?

We must construct additional pylons.

Depends how much control you'd have over the link, but hell yes. The amount of intelligence you could get from combining the skills/knowledge of many people at that low level would be staggering.

Well its Official. I hate Money. I have been flat *** skint for ages and now I've got some $$$ I have nothing I would like too spend it on.

Nothing. Zilch. and quite frankly I'm pissed about it. Their is so much I have wanted but when I get the money. I look and think well **** I've lost interest.

And all I wanted was something for just me and no one else. :mad:

Depends how much control you'd have over the link, but hell yes. The amount of intelligence you could get from combining the skills/knowledge of many people at that low level would be staggering.

Same I want it too. Though thet tech is probably 20+ years away to mature properly. No one will ever use it if people just get unrestricted access to other peoples personal memories, so on the assumption it has perfect privacy controlls, I am all for it.

PP will be left in the dust if he doesn't subscribe :p so will anyone really... those that use it will be orders of magnitude more intelligent and productive.

c0rr0sive: Ehhh checking some other forums, their PSU Guides not been updated in a long time either. Seems like most of the information still mostly true, lol...

Spud1200: Watch the following:

TV Show from 90's: Sliders
Season: 1
Episode: 10

That would be the most efficient economic system due to the fact of avoiding latent inhibition and those born into that system would most likely be heavy contributes to improvements of society OR not be a hindrance due to processes of Cognitive Novelty.

Oh Dear.. what did I do. -Walks away Whistling lightly-

Same I want it too. Though thet tech is probably 20+ years away to mature properly. No one will ever use it if people just get unrestricted access to other peoples personal memories, so on the assumption it has perfect privacy controlls, I am all for it.

PP will be left in the dust if he doesn't subscribe :p so will anyone really... those that use it will be orders of magnitude more intelligent and productive.
The problem being just because you have access to their knowledge doesn't mean you'd understand it. If I could tap somebody's brain to instantly understand what they knew it'd be a different story but he only said neuro communication for collective thought. I already hate communicating with other human beings, I'd rather not want instant access to a pool of idiocy. We already have that in the form of the internet.

I ordered another sensor and some HDMI/USB extension cables.. Really hoping I can setup a good room scale playspace for some friends on Fallout 4, but the steam platform and Rift don't get along very well for me. Its like steam games stutter really bad.. I'm not sure if they're losing tracking or if there is some software problem causing the stutters - but its basically intolerable. Really hoping the additional sensor fixes it.

If anyone has Rift and uses Steam fine, maybe you can help?

I ordered another sensor and some HDMI/USB extension cables.. Really hoping I can setup a good room scale playspace for some friends on Fallout 4, but the steam platform and Rift don't get along very well for me. Its like steam games stutter really bad.. I'm not sure if they're losing tracking or if there is some software problem causing the stutters - but its basically intolerable. Really hoping the additional sensor fixes it.

If anyone has Rift and uses Steam fine, maybe you can help?

Hmm. I have Rift and use Steam VR games. They should be fine. If you have Oculus Home running, just open Steam like usual (not SteamVR mode), then double click on the VR game in your Steam Library. You should find it launches through Oculus Home using the Oculus SDK and API - so you should get Async Timewarp and such just fine.

I have however found SteamVR interface and SteamVR Home are pretty damn bad, serious tracking problems and such. I just don't use it at all. SteamVR is better than Oculus Home at the moment (atleast for Vive owners), it has some cool features and nice environments. But in December Oculus will launch Home 2.0 beta and Dash that looks really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvP_RI_S-bw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom