Next Generation Console for Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblaze

Solid State Member
What do you guys think? Do you think the Wii is good enough, or they should make a new console. I think they should just take the Wii, modify it, and put it in market again. Twist it up a bit, give it a new name, let you pick the color, and add hardware improvements like movie, and a social service possibly.( I'm thinkin Nintendo Connect, or something lol) Give it more customizability. Advanced internet browsing. Everything else can stay for all i care. The thing is, i think they should get a blu-ray player from Sony, or make a new kind of player all for them, because if they get an HD-drive movie thing that the Xbox has, it might fail, because the HD-Drive Makes like this screechy noise and sounds like a dying fan. blu ray is silent.

Just up the hardware so as to do HDMI/DisplayPort @ 1080p and give it a good online service like PSN/XBL, and I'll buy one. Oh, and don't take three years to bring it out in black :p
WiiHD would probably be a good name. Or Wii3D.

because the HD-Drive Makes like this screechy noise and sounds like a dying fan. blu ray is silent.
The difference in sound is about the quality of the player - the HD-DVD one Microsoft brought out for the 360 was really cheaply made, whereas the PS3s all have decent-quality players (if a little slow by today's standards). You used to be able to buy good-quality HD-DVD players, and similarly you can currently buy craply made BD-R players which are very loud.

same here. there should be more variety with the colors. the wii is awesome, its just that the color really makes me want to puke.

i HAVE heard rumors of a wiiHD but its too little too late...if you already have a wii expect to see netlix in the near future...Iwata needs to come up with another idea for a funky controller that i'm not even remotely interested in to compete

HD-DVD is dead, not because it "Makes like this screechy noise and sounds like a dying fan" (ANY optical media can do that, CD, DVD, HDDVD, and Blu-Ray.) but because Blu-ray was faster and had more space then HDDVD had.

And why would they get a Blu-Ray drive from Sony? The one in the PS3 isn't very good, I know someone who has had to get their PS3 fixed twice because of it breaking. IMO they would be better off getting one from LITE-ON, LG, or Samsung.

xxxtc, there is going to be a channel called the netflix channel coming out.( i know you know about it.) but guys, there's going to be a new channel in dec. 2010 called the voice channel. people can talk to each other using this little accecesory thing i saw at best buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom