Needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computa_neerd

Solid State Member
Ok so i have an associates degree in computer science, with the way outsourcing and all of thats looking im alittle sketched out about the whole job situation. Im a good programmer , but obv im only 20 and lack the business experience. At this point in my life i toook off the spring semister to find out if i want to continue my degree or change. I really have no clue what to do, but ive narrowed it down to the following:
Full Sail in florida , 45000 for 2 years you get your BA in game programming ect, its one of the top entertainment colleges in the world and i could get a job with EA sports.
2nd going to RIT and get into the microcomputer biology program , which to me seems very intresting or 3rd i could goto UB say hell with comp science and get my MBA. These are the 3 options i have and im very unsure. I just want to make sure i have a secure job. I feel my programmin skills are decent but ive only programmed in c++,java and vb , not counting asp and all that. Basically im feel very unsure of myself , because i dont know what the programming job atmosphere is like. I really dont know what direction to go in. ANY advice or input is very welcome. Thanks guys.

here is my thoughts, in no order:

1) no on the MBA, you need experience before you get an MBA - IMO, you will get much more out of the MBA after you have been working for a few years.

2) if you like "gamming" and can program pretty good... the GAMING industry does not seem to be going away AND it does not appear to be effected by down economy. Its like the "sin taxes"..... when economy goes bad, the sin products/service go up... LOL

3) microcomputer biology program ---- have no clue, over my head :)

4) and most important ---- "have a good, secure job" is all relative to the person.

meaning, you want job security--- work for the government, but don't expect to become rich

you want money --- you go to be on the edge, but don't expect job security

Overall, do something YOU LOVE ---- everything will hopefully fall in place

good luck

The man is right!

You must be able to like what you are doing. But Remember,

you are getting paid to do something someone else wants you to do.

good luck w/ your search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom