Martial Arts (and) Video :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI - Seriously... Have you ever been in a real Street Fight? Because that's what i'm talking about. Real Life fights. Where it's two adults fighting. Not a couple of grammer school kids. I can almost bet 100% that you never have been in a real fight. Not a school yard wrestling match. 200 to 300 LB guys... I doubt it.... I was a bouncer for 5 years in some pretty nasty fights and i've broken up a lot of fights. They all end on the ground. Those that can defend themselves on the ground always win...

And UFC is idiotic crap? Let's see who can jump on each other faster? I'm Sorry, UFC isn't like, "B - Kung-Fu movies" with drama and storylines and scripted, fighting. It's actually real fights.

lol - i'm not saying Karate or Kung-Fu isn't a good martial art. Most of current martial arts use some form or technique of the two. THe philosophies have changed. MMA is the way I train. BJJ, Muay Thai and Boxing.

Look at Jeet Kune Do... it's combat philosophy uses Wing Chun, the kicks of northern chinese styles as well as savate. Footwork found in western fencing and techniques of western boxing. This is a true mixed martial art. "Street Fighting".

I'd love to train in Jeet Kune Do, but it's not offered anywhere around here. The closest place is about 100 miles away.

yeah when i was in rehab, there was a staff there who was a bounty hunter or something as a side job, he knew jujitsu or whatever its called (i know absolutely nothing about fighting, never been in a fight, hopefully never will be) then there was this other dude who was like all into that stuff, said he did UFC or something (whats the?) any whooo, the staff was like "punch me in the face!" so the other kid was like alright man, and the staff was doing all this matrix **** like not even moving his arms just ducking and stuff to get out of the way. then when he moved his arms after like .5 seconds the kid was on the ground with his arms held behind his back

you probably had to be there but it was some crazy stuff

Oh well during 6th block, I went out to get a drink and I saw this huge kid picking on this rather slimmer kid, and he get teasing the **** out of him....so then the kid turned his back on the big guy and the big guy put his hand on his shoulder and said "hey where the **** do you think your going?" and this kid, well his name was Eric and he was really good at martial arts, well yeah as soon as he the kid put his hand on the shoulder he whipped around grabbed him by the neck with one arm and put him against the wall, and he ended up breaking some tube in his neck and he was in the hospital for awhile....I saw the whole thing. It was acctually pretty scary.....The kid when he grabbed him by the neck he started saying some really scary **** in the incredibly hoarse voice, and the thing that made it scary to was that he was tearing up and after a teacher had grabbed him and the other kid fell on the ground he just feel on the ground and sat against the wall and cried.

It was pretty scary :confused: and he could have easily killed the kid if the teacher had not come in time. I just stood there in Awe.

"TF2 open yet?..."

HAVOC2k5 said:
ATI - Seriously... Have you ever been in a real Street Fight? Because that's what i'm talking about. Real Life fights. Where it's two adults fighting. Not a couple of grammer school kids. I can almost bet 100% that you never have been in a real fight. Not a school yard wrestling match. 200 to 300 LB guys... I doubt it.... I was a bouncer for 5 years in some pretty nasty fights and i've broken up a lot of fights. They all end on the ground. Those that can defend themselves on the ground always win...

And UFC is idiotic crap? Let's see who can jump on each other faster? I'm Sorry, UFC isn't like, "B - Kung-Fu movies" with drama and storylines and scripted, fighting. It's actually real fights.
I have been in a REAL fight. Not that stupid crap on video, not a bunch of UFC wrestlers, but against someone who was trying to kill me. I'm not talking about a disagreement, but literally a all out murderfest. ;)

Believe me, I have studied each fighting style including yours, and Martial arts is by far the superiority, and you would only know the difference if you practice yourself.

Unlike other fighting styles that just teach holds and methods, Kung Fu actualy teaches the ultamate method behind those moves, 'Common Sense.'

You cant be soo biased about a fighting method without trying it first. More than likely the fights you've broken up were a bunch of striking and wrestling contests, without any tactic other than trying to hit eachother (and murder eachother with their bare hands), which is more than likely why the battles were soo brutal. Just because a person knows how to punch, kick or grapple into a hold, doesn't mean that they are THINKING about what they are doing, which is evidently what makes the far eastern fighting stiles soo much better.

Kung fu movies are never in heck what i was talking about. Besides, everybody knows kung fu in those movies, so that doesnt even count.

Skill decides a batle. Not strength, speed, punches, kicks, throws, or wrestling. No matter how old you are, if you dont have skill, you are not a fighter. Period.

I always knew that a UFC fighter's weakest point was when they are standing, which is why they allways wrestle with submission holds and practice judo. They cant fight while standing because the US and Mui Thai styles are too slopy and many times inacurate.:(

So like i said before, Other styles just teach people how to fight, but Martial arts teach people how to win (including ON THE GROUND). You cannot beat someone in a fight without knowing how.:cool:

"ZOMG-FU, OMGATE..."

the general said:
yeah when i was in rehab, there was a staff there who was a bounty hunter or something as a side job, he knew jujitsu or whatever its called (i know absolutely nothing about fighting, never been in a fight, hopefully never will be) then there was this other dude who was like all into that stuff, said he did UFC or something (whats the?) any whooo, the staff was like "punch me in the face!" so the other kid was like alright man, and the staff was doing all this matrix **** like not even moving his arms just ducking and stuff to get out of the way. then when he moved his arms after like .5 seconds the kid was on the ground with his arms held behind his back

you probably had to be there but it was some crazy stuff
Win Chun :)

Oh well during 6th block, I went out to get a drink and I saw this huge kid picking on this rather slimmer kid, and he get teasing the **** out of him....so then the kid turned his back on the big guy and the big guy put his hand on his shoulder and said "hey where the **** do you think your going?" and this kid, well his name was Eric and he was really good at martial arts, well yeah as soon as he the kid put his hand on the shoulder he whipped around grabbed him by the neck with one arm and put him against the wall, and he ended up breaking some tube in his neck and he was in the hospital for awhile....I saw the whole thing. It was acctually pretty scary.....The kid when he grabbed him by the neck he started saying some really scary **** in the incredibly hoarse voice, and the thing that made it scary to was that he was tearing up and after a teacher had grabbed him and the other kid fell on the ground he just feel on the ground and sat against the wall and cried.
WTF?????? You mean the BIG kid was crying? omg!! .... I guess there are some people you just dont **** with... wow. :confused: :cool:

ATI - i'm not going to argue with you about Kung - Fu not being a superior martial art. It is, as an artform. Many Martial art styles have adopted Kung-Fu Pricipals and techniques. I feel that having a mixed martial arts background is the best.

Bottomline is this: In my mind, a fight NOT fought is a fight won.

That being said, sometimes NOT fighting isn't a possibility and you are forced to defend yourself.

The UFC fighters do fight on their feet. I've seen several matches were two fighters beat the living crap out of each other with several fist, foot, knee and elbow strikes. Normally, it ends on the ground.

Muay Thai is an inaccurate art form. It's not ment to be pretty. It's a military style that is both versatile and brutal. It focuses on 8 points of contact using - hands, feet, knees and elbow strikes. Mostly close quarters fights. Sometimes standing, "The Clinch".

I respect your opinions ATI, so don't think i'm trying to start and arguement, i'm just debating. ok?

"Groddylizer..."

:p I wasn't trying to argue at all, i just forgot to add my emoticons. :(

Did you ever watch that UFC show with the guys training to be UFC fighters? ... One time i was watching this one episode (most of the show is about the training) and at the end these two guys were talking tough and saying "I'm gonna make you tap", right? .... But when they started fighting.... I was descusted.:mad:

I couldn't believe how (no offence anyone) G@Y that was!!:eek: What was supposed to be a Judo and ground wrestling match, looked like they were, umm .... Eww I cant even say it, it was too gross!!:dead:

I never watched that show again from that point.:confused: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom