HomeFront?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played 99 minutes according to Steam. On Chapter 4 of 7 and I am going to say right now its super fun. I believe the single player has a Half-Lifeish feel to it? Maybe because your mainly running through run down cities. It has a better story than recent COD and Bad Company 2 for Single Player. Haven't got to dive into the multiplayer yet.

There is some weird shadowing flaws though. They are very noticeable and they show up when anyone including yourself is up against a wall. Example:

HOMEFRONT2011-03-1423-36-00-59.png

Around the gun obviously. Weird right?

I have played the multi for almost 1 hour..... Heres my take on multi (have not played single)

Lets pretend Battlefield and Modern Warfare met and had a kid.... This would be that kid. This kid is not an A+ student, but I am sure he will earn a B+ and get student of the week a couple of times...

(^ if that makes any sense....)

Pro:
Good Graphics (they are good, for being how big the maps are.)
Good Effects
Perks are based off Battlepoints and not killstreaks
Spawning as co-pilot or gunner in vehicles (it is really fun to be a copilot spotter in a heli)
Unmanned weaponized robots (like the ones EOD uses in Iraq, and Afghanistan)

Cons:
It feels like you glide when you run/walk
Weapons have almost no kickback
You get hit once or twice, 75% chance you will be dead
Killing people is way too easy
Getting killed is way too easy
Weapons have little or no ballastics
Poor Performance during multiplayer (maybe it is just my computer, but single runs just fine, multi runs like crap sometimes)

UPDATE: After 2 hours of playing.........
Saw someone glitching/exploiting already. He was underneath the map/world, he could see you but you could not see him
The sniper rifle system is WAYYY to overpowered and accurate... standing, crouching, prone, all the same accuracy, very little scope movement. Usually 1 shot 1 kill 75% time....
Alot of graphical glitches (little x's are spotted on weapons) i guess they are supposed to represent weapons dings and marks but when you ADS they are little mini x's.....
Also when people parachute out of helicopters the parachutes freeze in midair and stay there lol

My take on the single player, not rushing through it, done in 3 hours.

Uzi what is your Steam? That is what multi uses isn't it?

Homefront (Multiplayer) is a waste of time.. The multiplayer is so bland and not exciting. The only cool thing in the game is to pilot a tank or some sort of aircraft, thats about it. The game took pretty much the same elements from the Call of Duty series....

What really turned me off about the game, is the bland graphics, and the unbalanced gameplay. 8 out of every 10 people in game use a sniper rifle. Cannot say much about single player, I only got thru 15% and I have no desire to finish it because I am so disappointed with the multiplayer side of it.

This game will be marked down to $19.99 once they squeeze the "new game" life out of it.

Maybe next time I will learn when a developer does not release a beta or demo whatsoever.

I actually think the multiplayer is fun. I feel like its a good blend between BC2 and COD BLOPS. But it should have had a release price of $35. I have palyed about 2 hours of multi so far and will play a lot more. Have to get the $50 I payed out of it :D which probably won't happen but the fact it has LAN play is sweet. I will have my review out tomorrow.

What really turned me off about the game, is the bland graphics

You just said in your other post it had good graphics. I guess now you know not too spend 3 hours in a car to play a video game a few hours early hahaha.

well I was weighing my options on where to take the trip and get it or just DL it on steam and get Metro2033 out of it.... So I got it off steam (I am happy I made that decision, saved gas and I got Metro2033 fo' free)

Anyways, my first impression was the graphics are really good for a game that had such large scale maps, but after playing it for a while you realize that certain features look really good ( DOF, Bloom effects) but overall it has a "vanilla" graphical look to it. IDK how to explain it, this is all IMO tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom