Gran Torino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I just saw the movie Gran Torino last night. It was really good. I do recommend this movie.

I watched it quite sometime ago, one of the best movies i have seen recently IMO... It has great story, and an accurate idea...

Watched it a few weeks back, excellent.

Spoiler:
But im not quite sure of the ending, did he have a plan that went wrong (he got shot) or did he always know they would shoot and kill him, and they would pay the final price and go to jail ?
/Spoiler

It was great movie. But i'm not sure if it could top Slumdog Millionaire.

Spoiler:
But im not quite sure of the ending, did he have a plan that went wrong (he got shot) or did he always know they would shoot and kill him, and they would pay the final price and go to jail ?
/Spoiler

Spoiler:

He knew they would shoot him,I would do the same thing if i was in his shoes with the cancer and loosing my wife.

/Spoiler

Re: Gran Torino SPOILER POST!!!!

Spoiler:
/Spoiler

Spoiler:
I think that is the way that he wanted to go. Like look at his situation.
1. Wife is dead. It son and grandkids are just waiting from him to kick the bucket.
2. He is dying of lung cancer. He knows that he's got not much time left.

And then you have his niegbours.
1. In a way, i do blame walt for starting the trouble to with the gangs. The first time was because of his own selfishness Eg. "Get off my lawn!!!!!!" However this quickly turn into him just wanting to do the right thing when he get Sue out that trouble with that black gang.
2. Even though Walt might of started off on the wrong foot with his new nieghbours, it was not long that his nieghbours was treating him better than his own flesh and blood.
3. The relationship between Walt and Thao. It started off one the wrong foot when Thao tried to steal Walts car. However in the end, they where friend.
This then leads onto gang violences. This would of been a vicious circle that would of continued regardless. When in the beginning Thao might of been too chicken **** to do any thing, then the end Thao was ready to kill some the gang members.
Then this leads onto the Walt serving in the Korea War. Some where in movie, they mention Walt age (78?) which would of ment that he was 20 to 23 (about the same age as Thao) when he had to kill kids in Korea. And since then, that is some thing that he had to live with for the rest of his life. And this was a terrible burden for him.
So when the house gets shot up and Sue gets raped, Thao comes over to Walt place ready to kill some one. By this time, Walt liked Thao as freind down to the point where Walt was not going to let Thao take another man life.
And it was at that point where he realises that he does not have much to live for, and now he's finally at peace with his own prejudices is when he deside to take on the gang. He paid for it with his life, but he ended the cycle of voilence that would of continued if Thao or any one else would when in guns blazing.

And finally how else would of it ended. If Walt and/or Thao went in guns blazing, it would of put them in the wrong.

/Spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom