Getting Internet on my xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
So what i'm trying to do is get on live with my new 360 without buying the 100 dollar wireless adapter or a pricy one off of ebay. What I was looking to do is transmit the wireless to another router and then connect the xbox to the router via ethernet. Would this work, and if so how would I do it.

Diagram.

[routerA]-------{wifi}------[routerB]____{ethernet cable}____[xbox360]

would it work?

Seems like a lot of cables and a complicated way.
I did hear about someone who plugged the ethernet cable in from xbox to laptop.
Then they configured sharing settings on network and it worked.
Maybe if you google it you'll find it.
I think the laptop they had was running XP so I think if youve got a laptop running windows.. it could work.

That's what I ended up doing. I just shared the airport connection on my mac to the 360 and just plug the ethernet into my laptop if I wanna play live. Kinda inconvenient cause every time I wanna play live I have to have my mac in my room, but it's cool cause I don't have to play downstairs, ergo I can swear and be inappropriate :)

I do this with a regular airlink router and a wrt54g linksys flashed with the DD-wrt firmware. The linksys sits next to my xbox in another part of the house and acts as a wireless bridge to my airlink. the DD-WRT firmware allows you to put the router in "bridge mode" then you just use an ethernet cable from the xbox to the bridge, it work great, The xbox wireless card is a waste of money my friend has one and he constantly has to remove it and put it back in.

I do this with a regular airlink router and a wrt54g linksys flashed with the DD-wrt firmware. The linksys sits next to my xbox in another part of the house and acts as a wireless bridge to my airlink. the DD-WRT firmware allows you to put the router in "bridge mode" then you just use an ethernet cable from the xbox to the bridge, it work great, The xbox wireless card is a waste of money my friend has one and he constantly has to remove it and put it back in.

i did this as well and it works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom