Forum Culture?

Omg norcent..... I came in at the end of his 'reign' he was a character.. And I kinda remember major.

there was just something about the 'scene' around here, it really died down in mid to late 09, a lot of the people were my age and going off to college and it kinda cut down on time, and then I think the econ started to tank so people had to go back and find real jobs to pay for stuff, or their once 40 hour a week job became more like 60+. I know a lot of us have stayed together on FB and stuff, i still chat with trotter, harper, hikari, nosboost, and vernong1992 every once and a while even though I'm not really active on these boards.

Speaking of the old days, harper do you still have the GIF that you used as your avatar of the asian chick doing the finger circle? that was such a funny avatar..

I still wonder out into the garage when the forecast is for near zero temps... Gonna do it again this year since I have a new cooler and may be able to push this machine a bit further.

I don't think I'll be able to do the crazy room cooling anytime soon, since everything is in the bedroom and the wife wouldn't appreciate it...maybe I could do it on a day I have off when she doesn't and make sure to reheat the room before she gets back from work.

Pete, I only really talk to you, Chase, and Chris outside TF these days (Mak if he shows on MSN), I'm just not really that sociable anymore. I'm kind of a hermit now. I'm starting to realize my dad's death did a lot more damage to me than I first thought. Meh.

I think once I get my life back on track, I'll want to do things again. Like benchmarking and OC'ing. Wouldn't mind pushing for a higher Pi, though I doubt I'll hit it. That last one I did was insanely difficult and frustrating, and I'd have to dual boot a benchmarking Win7/Win8 install that's completely stripped. So much work right now lol.

I don't think I'll be able to do the crazy room cooling anytime soon, since everything is in the bedroom and the wife wouldn't appreciate it...maybe I could do it on a day I have off when she doesn't and make sure to reheat the room before she gets back from work.

Pete, I only really talk to you, Chase, and Chris outside TF these days (Mak if he shows on MSN), I'm just not really that sociable anymore. I'm kind of a hermit now. I'm starting to realize my dad's death did a lot more damage to me than I first thought. Meh.

I think once I get my life back on track, I'll want to do things again. Like benchmarking and OC'ing. Wouldn't mind pushing for a higher Pi, though I doubt I'll hit it. That last one I did was insanely difficult and frustrating, and I'd have to dual boot a benchmarking Win7/Win8 install that's completely stripped. So much work right now lol.
Same here. That and being unemployed made me think way too much and that's why I reapplied for being a reviewer. Getting free stuff in the mail, doing new benches, and typing up stuff for the internet keeps my mind at bay...mostly.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I try to keep super busy all the time to not think about stuff. But especially in the last few months, I've been increasingly interested in human behavior in general...I've started dissecting things from a completely outside point of view and more scientifically instead of emotionally. I'm turning into a weird one.

I'll be all for bringing benchmarking back to the forefront of the site once I get myself figure out. I do miss those days.

There definitely is something fun about getting a record at 2am after sitting outside in 15 degree weather with your dog standing at the door wondering who let the crazy kid outside only to have it beat 20 minutes later...

One of the reasons why I was on their quite heavily was because I was in a job where my boss did not give a rats what I was doing. And I was on that job for about 9 years until the boss decide he would sell it.

Not really that heavy on computers these days either. Sure I do it for job, but most of my time seems to be involved with my studies on witchcraft, the occult and underground goth culture.

I still see some of the people on facebook from time to time and how we have all grown. If I ever get a chance to get out of Australia, I would like to see some of you lot for a beer or too.

Speaking of the old days, harper do you still have the GIF that you used as your avatar of the asian chick doing the finger circle? that was such a funny avatar..

Oh yes, good old hypnofinger. Found that gif on 4chan. I remember loosing that file once in a format, however some one here found it for me again.

I kinda miss having access to that mod history, lot of interesting stuff in there. I used to just kinda browse through a bit.

A taste of talldude. This was recorded from TOV by Sw1tch I think.
YTMND - A Canadian sings the National Anthem

Yeah, I ended up wasting an hour earlier digging through some of the old mod threads.

I'm starting to realize my dad's death did a lot more damage to me than I first thought. Meh.

It's been three years and I am still having trouble with the loss of my dad. I feel for ya, mate.

A taste of talldude. This was recorded from TOV by Sw1tch I think.
YTMND - A Canadian sings the National Anthem

Yeah, I ended up wasting an hour earlier digging through some of the old mod threads.

I'll have to check that out at home, difficult at work. I'm sure it's golden though.

It's been three years and I am still having trouble with the loss of my dad. I feel for ya, mate.

Yeah. November in general has been getting worse and worse each year...2 years ago it was my dad, last year andi's dad, and this year one of my good old friends. Makes me wonder when if I'm ever going to have a November when someone doesn't die that I'm close to.

Anyway. [/depressing]

I do wish more people were into anime around here. Also would be nice if I knew other people play music like I do...I know Cory does, and I think it was Nukem that got a bass recently?

Back
Top Bottom