Crappy Christmas Presents....

Status
Not open for further replies.
$2 bags of lollies (sweets I think you guys call them)
Socks
underwear
shirts, pants, jumpers, etc. I know mummy dearest *thinks* she's up-to-date with what's 'in' but unfortunately she still hasn't figured out she's stuck in the '70s :p
Computer games. From my older bro, it's ok. From my dad, I get some 1998 shoot 'em up which runs only on windows 95
Cologne/bodyspray. I'll choose what I want to smell like myself kay thx

Anything that isn't electronic or money :p I know it's bad, but the vast majority of things that people buy me is useless crap, so I ask for the simpler things like that. Oh, and chocolate.

For a few years my grandmother went through a phase of buying everyone 'useful' gifts, but instead of things like a good bike pump or whatever, she gave us... cling film. Along with other similar 'useful' items. Yes, they were certainly useful, but... :p

3 or 4 years ago now my father bought me a 250$ wilson badminton racket. tho badminton i admit is fun, i have maybe used the thing 2 or 3 times in 4 years. I would have much prefered a racket ball racket or tenis racket, but no i got badminton. It was nice of my father to spend that much but sadly the gift has gone mostly unused.

i've never really gotten a BAD gift. The only thing i can think of that's bad, was one shirt i got that i just never really wore.

I have been given a early present from one distant relative who will remain nameless, a 99p USB A - B cable because she knows I am into computers her words not mine...

lmao saxon!!!!!! Its the thought that counts

I have gotten a few computer parts that were completely incompatible and took me ages to return.
Socks - pointless when I wear shoes only in formal meetings which are rare as all my suppliers are beach bum's that drink excessive amounts so a meeting normally consists of 1 hours work 3 hours with a couple of bottle's of jack and a crate of beer.
Underwear - There is a science to proper underwear support for a man and once you try the best the rest is mostly unacceptable and uncomfortable
Diving gear - when its your job 1) you can get it for cheaper wholesale 2) you have a stack of them because of lost/unnamed gear on the bottom of the ocean is easy to find - I have 6 masks, 12 snorkels, 4 knives etc.
Clothes - normally something disgusting

All I have asked for this year is a crate on a freighter from the UK to Vietnam to fill with my junk still in the UK and money. I have my 21st coming up in March and I have no idea what I want so should be exciting to get some random junk for that.

I had a craptacular experience shopping for a gift today, a buddy of mine is seriously into his photography and is setting up a small studio so I thoughts I would pop down to bold street and get him some backdrops I get down there and the guy was REALLY unhelpful and I walked out after a argument after he insinuated I was trying to use a stolen card.

I don't really get bad christmas presents, mainly because of the fact my relatives ask me what i want within a budget - so i know everything i am getting and i know i want it, it's win for them and especially win for me. Although they get a little baffled when i ask for a 10meter optical cable :p but i have electronic needs that can not go un met..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom