BATTLEFIELD: VIETNAM (Opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
Ok, I think there was already a thread made before, but since not many people had the game at the time (at least I think) there werent many replies, so I have decided to make a new thread!

Anyways, what do you guys think about Vietnam, and how does it run on your PC?

As for my thoughts about the game, it is REALLY good IMO, and easily woops BF 1942's ass! Not only are the graphics and stuff improved quite a bit, but hearing a copter fly by while it is blasting "WAR, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR!!!???" just never seems to get old!

I have also noticed that they bumped the realism up quite a notch by not only encouraging teamwork even more than before, but also making the damage more realistic. Unlike in BF 1942 where you could take lots of shots as a medic, then run and hide, heal yourself, and return to fighting again, on this game, most of the time the first time the enemy shoots, you pretty much die unless they are a sorry shot. One shot in the head is an instantaneous kill, and more than 3 shots anywhere else is pretty much death, so with machine guns blasting everywhere, on this game, you CANNOT act like Rambo and run around shooting everyone you see. You MUST use stealth most of the time so that you can take out the enemy without them knowing your current position, and this also makes capturing flags ALOT harder than it was on '1942.

As for performance, my specs are listed below, and I am running this game at full blast on 1024x768 with everything turned on MAX. Not one bit of performance loss, and not much stuttering at all, so I am overall pleased with the way this game is running, and I have yet to figure out why so many people are complaining about performance issues.

Anyways, anyone who has played this game before, please post here and share your opinions!

This game RULES!!!!!!!!! :D

i dont own the game...but have played it on another computer, and it is GREAT

very real and fun to play

Yes, I agree.

The only problem that I have with the game is that alot of the maps are sucky and there just arent enough maps! Just 9!!!!

But as you know, EA will most definetely put new maps in with patches as they did with BF 1942 so nothing to fear! :)

hmmmm you guys wouldn't like my opposing view very much.

This is just personnal taste but I really don't like the fact that they made vehicles so usless. tanks cannot go anywhere because of vegetation and roads are always mined. they made infantry very strong (like in Eve Of Destruction) and I WANT TO BE RAMBO!!!!

:)

well if u want to be rambo, go find another game...but if u wanna play a real life situation with stealth n brains then play vietnam

it is very realistic, and the vegitation was in vietnam when they really went there , so..... thats reality for u ( no wonder they didnt do much in the 10 yrs they were there

HoLoCroN said:
I think it is like the Desert Combat Mod. www.desertcombat.com except the mod is F R E E

???????

I agree, Desert Combat is an EXTREMELY FUN mod, and I sometimes play it OVER BF Vietnam, BUT, Desert Combat is pretty much based on the Gulf War, and not the Vietnam War.

As for a vietnam mod for BF 1942, you can also d/l Eve of Destruction for free, although, in my opinion, it is not that great, and BF Vietnam blows it away.

I personally like BF:V a lot! The game play is better than BF42, aircraft is easier to fly than the DC mod. Good news is EA Games hired the folks that created the DC mod to incorporate a new mod for BF:V!
They really did an excellent job with the game!

mikesgroovin said:
I personally like BF:V a lot! The game play is better than BF42, aircraft is easier to fly than the DC mod. Good news is EA Games hired the folks that created the DC mod to incorporate a new mod for BF:V!
They really did an excellent job with the game!

Ya, I agree!!

I think the game is great, and even I have noticed that the Aircraft seem to be easier to fly........at least the helicopters.

The "helis" seem to be easier to fly than on DC, but I still have some trouble flying jets on BF Vietnam because of their funky physics, but then again maybe that just applied to one of the jets that I flew and not all of them? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

And they also hired the DC guys to make a new DC mod for BF:V or is it going to be based on a different conflict!!??

does anyone here actually play the game on their own cpu??

i play it at some net cafe near mme...cuz i dont have the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom