Potentially the longest thread in history...

I don't really have anybody to share this news with so I'll put it here.

I just scored myself a mint S462 DFI Lanparty with the more rare KT400 chipset. It is unfortunately not the NF2 Ultra B but I didn't even know they existed in KT400 flavor.

I have dealt with chronic back pain since I was 18, and various hand/wrist issues/pains for the past 10 years so I can kind of understand what you're going through. Not being able to do certain things with my children has taken its toll mentally, but I can agree that getting out of that depressive mindset is a real challenge. Hell, our youngest now is 2.5 years old and repeats what we say quite frequently. One of the things he is caught saying is "ow my back" a lot which is a result of my pains. Instead of looking at it negatively I just have to think positively or find it funny. It is good you are finding positivity and a way to express yourself outside of that though, and it's good to see another familiar name posting again.

It's great to see you around, dude. You have crossed my mind quite often. It's awesome that you have found some tools to help you out, and I look forward to seeing you dropping in now and again.

Like PP, I live with pain as well. Bad knees, poor lower leg circulation, neuropathy, arthritis, etc in my case. While it sucks, you really only have two choices... keep on going or give up. I've never been one to just lay down when the going gets tough so I choose to keep going, and it sounds like you have as well.

Yeah it made me give up on my life goals for quite a long time, I just felt like what's the point because now I've got to deal with this and it's gonna ruin my life. Pain every day every time I use my hands for something, and you tend to use your hands quite a lot surprisingly enough...!

But in the end after reading this book and speaking to people I realised that actually it doesn't stop me achieving my life goals and it's better to achieve my goals and have this pain than not achieve them and still have the pain.

There was a great quote from the book I read: "Your life and your health are interlinked, and so if you can't change your health you have to change your life." The doctor that wrote the book found that he had a lot of patients that reported improvements in their pain conditions when they started to ignore it as much as possible and just progress with their life and try and achieve things rather than concentrating on the pain itself.

In other and more positive news, I have finally pretty much finished paying off my debt that I accrued in my early 20s - thank god. I should now be able to save around $2,000 a month towards a house deposit; looking to buy sometime in 2025.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom