Taking my graphics card a step further

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i've tried coolbits overclocking and it can only go so far.. what else is there to do to make it better?? I've got my 7900 gt clocked at 543/1680... i want to try to bump that higher but it won't allow me.. what is there to do, when i quit games its only at 56 degrees celcius, is it overheating?? do i need to cool that down to bring it up, or change the voltage on it?? i saw that 7800gtx getting 9500 on 3dmark05 and i wanna compete with that.. i've only managed a 9081... haha, i love competing... i definitely don't want to raise the voltage though.. so is there anything else i can do? i dont get any artifacting or anything.. so i don't understanding, it just tells me after i test it that i can't do it.

56ºC is pretty cool for an overclocked card when gaming. You might want to try to overclock with RivaTuner and see if that let's you raise it higher.

ah thanks i'll try that right now

okay before i use this.. if i go too high and it stops working, will things reset to default? if not, how would i switch it back?

Curious that a 7900 GT will only go that high. I used coolbits, clicked on the detect optimal frequencies and my 7800 GTX 512 came back with 576/1740 which it sits at right now. I don't know what the temps are under load but I think its around 48-50. I also have the fan at 100% using Rivatuner.

edit:
I did look up specs on a evga 7900gt Superoverclocked version and it was 550/1580 so maybe you numbers are the max. Just a guess.

do a volt mod on the 7900gt with a conductive pen. i saw a guide of how to do it its really simple/ you just draw a line from one dot to another on the back of your card. try googling it.

i assume you are talking about my 7800gtx. well what i did was i went into rivatuner and disable the driver level test by going into power user and look for something that says like "driver level test" or something and beside that but a 1 in the box. this will disable it letting you push your card farther.
but dont get stupid and try and push it to like 700/2000 or something but just try and stay under 600 on the core unless your card is ridiculously good at overclocking.

dont try voltmods until youve read up alot, no matter how easy the mod. alot of people screw up their cards by blindly doing that.

even if you do mess up you can clean it up with acetone alcohol or nailpolish remover. and it will return to normal. i don't see the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom