windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangi

Solid State Member
i need help if anyone has any ideas please post this is my situation I use windows xp pro withsp2 as my operating system i have a partition on my drive and i tried to install windows vista build 5342 on this partition but windows vista was corrupted and it was only a partial install. I cannot delete it how do i get rid of it it does not show up on the drive i cannot find any vista files to delete it dosent show up in the boot.ini what happens is when i boot my machine it gives me a message saying that there has been a fatal system error and that my file is corrupted. then i can hit enter and it gives me a screen with two options my windows xp pro or windows setup(the setup for vista) i select xp pro and it loads up fine and im good to go but that is rediculous someone must know how i can get rid of this without formatting...pls help me

um.....shoot wat was the name of that............oh yeah, go to run and type in regedit, and try to find the Vista in their, i think its under Local Machine, not sure.

Guys u no wat i mean right, going directly into the registry and deleting it, i dunno the path to take in regedit, maybe someone here does and can explain which folders to open.

thanks for the posts i formatted the drive vista is on, no luck and i cant find any vista files in the registry under local machine

try the other folders under the other HTKEYs or w/e not sure which one it would be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom