Good Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickness

In Runtime
Since I wasn't getting any replys in the For Sale forum, I'll try here...

I'm trading my laptop, Dell XPS Gen 2 w/ 1 GB ram, 2.0 GHz proc, upgraded screen, 60 GB hard drive, 6800 Ultra, XP Pro SP2

for

Shuttle XPC 2500
AMD 3500+
2 GB OCZ Plat. pc 3200
8-1 card reader
eVGA 7800 GT
WD 200GB SATA HD

hl2_2005FPW-1.jpg

zdjecie-4.jpg

B00008UA3C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

pc003.jpg

That's a 20.1 in. wide screen

I think it's a pretty good trade. Worse comes to worse I buy a 130 dollar DFI mobo and a 130 dollar Antec P180 case and I'm all set. Oh yah, PSU too but that moniter is so sexy it's worth it. Still has warranty on it too.

Seems to me like that's a pretty solid deal for you...

I'm not a huge fan of small form-factor cases like the Shuttle, leaves little to no room for much expansion if needed, but I've got two Shuttle HTPC systems that are two of the best machines in my house, so they do work fine.

Have you seen the Shuttle system? Wear and Tear? Any weird behavior? Overheating? Loud?

I have not seen the system. He told me that it's fairly new, still under warrenty. There were more pictures included and the case looked fine, no physcial damage. He said the speakers were older, but in mint condition. The moniter is new from Dell and from the pictures I see nothing wrong with it. I kinda wish the keyboard was USB but PS/2 will have to do I suppose. He's told me that the system works fine. He's looking for something even more portable to take to lan partys and such. Nothing was said about the noise of the system, but it can't be louder than my current desktop. I practially have to shout to overcome the noise.

Also, I've been meaning to upgrade anyway, so if I ever get tired of the Shuttle case, or I want to add a sound card or more PCI cards I can tear everything out except the motherboard and PSU and buy a new motherboard and PSU. I can use the case I have now but I really want an Antec P180. Maybe I'll get that with some Christmas money.

idiotec said:
I agree, very good trade. I have that monitor btw, very nice ;)

What's the highest res it supports? Glad to hear a good review on it. I'm sure it'll be a big upgrade from my 17" widescreen on my notebook.

Do you know the person you are trading with? How is this trade going down? Just wondering what the chances are of you getting shafted? :)

didnt you have one in the buy and sell forums?

but i think its good love the moniotor isnt it like 1680*1200 or something :?

BColes said:
Do you know the person you are trading with? How is this trade going down? Just wondering what the chances are of you getting shafted? :)

That has been thought over for a while. I don't know this person, but I've been talking to him for about a week now. We've exchanged information and I've checked his Myspace link in his profile so I have a face to the name, know some stuff about him, ect. Not much more we can do.

sickness said:
That has been thought over for a while. I don't know this person, but I've been talking to him for about a week now. We've exchanged information and I've checked his Myspace link in his profile so I have a face to the name, know some stuff about him, ect. Not much more we can do.

If i were you i'd be very wary of this trade. If you don't want the laptop anymore i would look for other ways to sell it and buy whatever you need. It's not going to be fun when you say bye bye to your laptop and nothing ever comes back to you. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom