Please Help me Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheous34

Beta member
Since my current computer is starting to give me a couple of problems and headache (its a AMD XP 2000+ Duron Combo with a PCChips Motherboard), I've decided I wanna buy a Socket 939 Athlon64 Processor, I was looking for this one:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819103539

but I don't know what motherboard to buy.... some of my friends say ASUS are the best, others say Gigabyte and DFI are better for 939, so I really don't know what to do. I'm looking for a mobo that supports PCI Express x16...

ASUS is technically the best and most trusted board maker in the world. However, stay away from the AV8-E Deluxe. Appartently it sucks.

I bought an MSI board. And so far i think its good. Heard that the DFI Lanparty is an excellent board. Just pick one u like, and type its name in the the added "reviews" in a search engine and u will get results from owners who will tell u whether or not it is good.

Newegg's reviews are kind of planted IMO.

I say DFI for Overclocking, MSI for average use, and ASUS for professional.

It is well known that the DFI skt 939 are the best for overclocking.

But, I can also recommend Gigabyte skt 939 boards, because I use one. I found that mine was easy to set up and I didnt hit any snags (BIOS flashes, etc) when I built my computer. Also, it has n00b overclocking features that are ok for minor overclocks.

yea any of the boards listed will work fine but are u sure a new chip is gonna fix the problem?or are u upgrading the whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom