PC won't start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunabooks

Beta member
I've tried all the suggestions from the troubleshooting post, but we've already tried all those, and the computer still won't start.

My husband built a PC - like he's done several times before - but this time it won't work.

System:
AMD 2000+
512 MB RAM Kingston
K7S5A Elite motherboard
HD 30 GB
Nvidia 61 MB videocard
New case and powersupply

When the PC is turned on, the harddrive spins, all lights go on (and stay one), CPU cooler turns.

It doesn't go beyond that point. Nothing in screen, no BIOS accessible.

We've tried several memory sticks, replaced video card, cleared the CMOS, checked all the wiring several times.

Even the basic setup doesn't work. The motherboard is brand new, and with another motherboard it doesn't work either.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Luna

Maybe the PSU is underpowered or is faulty.
Try booting after removin the parts not necessary for booting like the PCI cards,cd drives,floppy drives etc.
Btw what is the rating of the PSU?

It's a brandnew 300W PSU, I don't think it's underpowered or faulty.
I've done a booting with just the necessary elements only, but that doesn't make a difference.
There's no post procedure

hear hear!! - 400W+ i had the same kinda problem, but it was a memory sitck problem the first time then a MOBO problem then a PSU problem (ARGH Annoying!!)

good luck

Is there maybe a problem with the monitor?? Does any picture at all show up on your screen?
Also are you running your monitor off of the power supply, or off of a seperate AC plug. If you are running it off of the power supply, maybe that is what is causing it to overload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom