slightly disoriented..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina_john

Beta member
hey guys, i just moved out of my parents house and also moved to another state. my question is, what's the best VoIP provider that you know? I want to get one since i'll be calling them most of the time and I want my calls to be cheaper. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Check with your local cable company. Most times you can get a deal if you get cable, internet and phone.

if you cant get a good deal with your phone company get skype and tell your parents to get skype it is by far the best dont recommend vonage or any others.

Check with your local cable company. Most times you can get a deal if you get cable, internet and phone.

i like the sound of that deal bundles. but the thing is, im paying out my student loans so i cant afford a broadband connection right now. actually, the only luxury i got is my telephone and this computer. im on dial up. any more alternatives?

if you cant get a good deal with your phone company get skype and tell your parents to get skype it is by far the best dont recommend vonage or any others.

does skype work on dial up internet connection?

You need broadband for VoIP. Just get a pre-paid cell phone and keep track of your minutes. Or get a cell from the same provider as your parents so the mobile-to-mobile freebies come into play.

yeah, maybe i'll check it out if I have time. now i know how that works. thanks guys and, as i have said, I really cant afford a dial up right now.

anyhow, i found this site on the net, voip.com and i checked with their speedtest. its around 54kbps. is that any good? i also tried their beta call since it's for free. it worked out fine too.

do you suggest that i go with them guys?

thats alright depending on where you are calling from there might be a short delay which can be very annoying

thats alright depending on where you are calling from there might be a short delay which can be very annoying

Hey! I didn't have to use my PC to call after all. voip.com works like this.. I put my number and the number that I need to call on the website. Then, they're the one who'll connect me using my telephone. I might sign up with this guys.. works great for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom