Wii Sports Fitness Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
We all made our jokes when NintendoÂ’s new system Wii emerged about how the fat video gaming kids would lose weight while playing video games. Well, someone decided to give it a try and use see if a daily Wii workout would reduce his weight and body fat. He called it the Wii Sports Experiment and had some astonishing results.

He decided to add a daily 30 minutes session of Wii Sports to his normal activities and keep track of several elements such as bmi, body fat and weight. He would not change his other habits like eating. The results that he posted on his website are incredible and could help Nintendo enter the fitness market as well.

He reduces his weight from 182 to 171 in six weeks losing a considerable amount in the belly area. The BMI (Body Mass Index) fell by 1.2 points from 25.2 to 24 which is a change from overweight to normal. His body fat went down by 1.8% from 19% to 17.2%.

Those are indeed great results and the best thing I personally think is that you can do all of this at home and have fun doing it all the time. Please note that you do have to emulate the real game if you want to see this results. It is not enough to sit on the coach and wave the wiimote a little bit.

IÂ’m thinking of buying one for my mother to help her in her workout. We are most likely seeing a release of a Wii Fitness game sooner. Wanna bet ?

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

I knew a guy who did the same with Dance, Dance Revolution and my mom uses that as a workout occasionally. I don't see a problem as long as they
A) do actually hit a cardio benefit
B) have enough fun to keep doing it

That's really great to see. I'm glad someone is finally doing something about the obesity crisis, even though if it wasn't intended initially to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom