Wireless internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picosaurus

Baseband Member
I need some help i have wireless internet in my house but it dosnet work well with gaming so i want to connect directly to the modem but on my desktop it goes onto lan how do i stop that?

Nope that didnt work :( i want to keep wireless inside the house to but my modem has only one port and that goes straight to the wireless Router

I think I may have misunderstood your intention. :(

You're having problem playing games on a wireless connection? Do you need a wired connection to the router for a more reliable connection during gaming?

If you connect to the modem, that would mean the other computers can't have Internet because you took the router's port.

Do you have extra ports on the router? do you have a straight through cable? do you have a Rj45 port on the computer? Are there any other computer connected to the router with a wired?

I do have extra ports on the router i'm not sure what u mean by a straight through cable but i do have a network cable(i have a yellow and a blue one does that make a difference?)

but i'm not sure what u mean by a Rj45 port and no right now no computers r wired to the router

I've got a straight through cable looking at that but my network card looks exactly like that except instead of a cable port my wireless antena's there

OK, wouldn't that mean you can't use a wired connection because you don't have the appropriate card, instead you have a wireless card, not an RJ45 card. Try getting one or searching on the back of your computer for an RJ45 port, it could be build in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom