Opinions on new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanp0286

Baseband Member
Here is the new system that I will be building slowly throughout the next couple of months, this is the first computer I will be building from scratch. It will be used mainly for image and video editting and playing games (nothing real fancy, mainly racing and shooting games).

Here's my WishList at N/E: AMD Dual Core Setup

Here's a brief summary of it:
CPU
---
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core
Socket AM2
2.0 GHz

Motherboard
-----------
ASUS
M2V
12.0" x 8.0"

Video Card
----------
MSI NX6600LE TD256ESP
256MB Geforce 6600
PCI Express x16

Harddrive
---------
Western Digital 320GB
WD3200JB

Memory
------
pqi Turbo 1GB
PQI26400-1GSB
(1GB for now, will upgrade later)

Case
----
Apevia X-Dreamer
ATXB3KLW-BK/420W

Sound Card
----------
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
SB0400
7.1 Channels

PCI Add-ons
-----------
Penguin Gear
PG-COM-303
USB/Firewire Internal/External Ports

Azenx Blitztorm Dual Fans
BT-SC70BBL

3.5" Drives
-----------
Sony Floppy Drive MPF920 Black

MTG Card Reader
CR-IN212XU-1

5.25" Drives
------------
Lite-On LightScribe DVD Burner
SHM-165H6S

Lite-On CD Burner/DVD Rom
SOHC-5236V BK

Power Supply (included w/ case, will upgrade later)
-----------
Turbolink
LC-A420ATX
420W

I tired to stay within a reasonable budget (with having a kid and fixing to go back to school and all). The total with shipping will be around $780.

First of all your Graphics card sucks.

Second get a better power supply before you even think about using the one in the case with that build.

For a middle of the road pc, that build looks great. You could upgrade to a little better video card for very little $$, but if you are going back to school you won't have a whole lot of time for games.

That video card is one of the worst out there. At bare minimum you need a 6600GT and thats only if you are comfortable with 800x600 or 1024x768 with medium or slightly over settings (in newer games of course). Go with a 7600GT if you want a middle of the road gaming card.

You dont have to go all they way up to a 7600gt, a 7600gs will do you good as well. But i also recommend the 7600gt.

that pc looks pretty good... although there is room for improvement..

what do you mean you'll be building slowly? like buy parts over a period of time? i don't recommend that at all, because by the time your ocmputer is finalized, you would have been able to get much better parts for the same price, which you wouldn't even have used yet. get all your money first, then buy everything together.. don't buy "slowly"

thanks for all the replies.... i looked around on newegg and found a better video card, don't know how i missed it the first time, it's the 7600GS 256MB made by eVGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom