recent trouble with microphone background noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayla

Beta member
I recently began to have trouble with my microphone emiting a background noise in addition to the normal recording. It began to happen without any audio changes and I have tried both several audio cards as well as microphones so I am assuming it must be something else such as settings that is causing the problem. This however confuzed me because I hadnt changed any settings.

http://h1.ripway.com/jayla13/mictrouble.wav

Attached is the background noise that is showing up along with the audio, in case anyone may know what may be causing this. Any information would be helpful thanks.

Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds

Go to Volume Control, and click Settings -> Advanced

Click "Advanced" under Microphone"

Uncheck "use microphone boost".

that would be the solution.

I'm using a junky sound card i got for $3, used from a private PC store. It works better than my onboard microphone jack.

If everything fails, get a cheapo sound card, used.

Hmm yea guess ill try that again, only reason I had it on was because of low transmittance volume troubles before. Just dont understand why it would work without that screech for so long than just start it. Thanks tho.

Re:

Hello,

Try going to Volume Control and make sure that the Microphone setting in Playback is Muted.

Try recording something aftwerwards and see if there's interference.

Well sound remains whether mic boost is enabled or not, as well as when the playback mic is muted. Not really sure whats goin on but ill keep trying stuff. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom