CPU temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain77

Solid State Member
Hey all, I gotta question about my CPU temp. It seems that since I installed more ram, my base temps (cpu & mobo) have gone up. my cpu temp was usually @ 35-40c but now it seems to run anywhere between 45-48c. nominally. at full use it runs from 55-62c. I've got 3 fans on my case, and of course the stock fan on the cpu. Can anyone tell me what my issues seem to be? And if they think an antec PCI slot blower might help the airflow?

my rig to date:

AMD 64 X2 4200+
ASUS A8V mobo
Nvidia 6800 GS (agp)
2gb ram (up from 1) in 128 bit dual channel mode
Creative SB Audigy 2

Your CPU is running at max 62C max? That's dangerously high. Did you take off the HSF when you put in the RAM? Because sometimes if you have an aftermarket HSF, it can block some of the RAM slots. If you did, did you clean everything and reapply your thermal compound? Just a few ideas.

sure, basically, when I applied the thermal compound, I applied arctic silver on the back of the cpu, and "thinned" of flattened it out with a credit card, the instructions sounded odd at first, but it seemed to work great.

You could of put too much on it. Also, did you clean off the old thermal paste before applying the new AS5?

was a brand new cpu, no thermal paste, although there was a patch of thermal something on the HSF.

should I take out the HSF, clean off the cpu, and HSF and reapply? how would i go about taking off the HSF without ripping out the cpu. on my old mobo, i was attempting to take off the HSF and the cpu came out with it. the cpu didn't break, the prongs were alright, but I'd hate to trash a brand new cpu.

how do I go about getting the old thermal compound off? any ideas, suggestions?

thats incredibly high... arent amd supposed to run relatively lower that intels? my intel runs at 45-55... and your at 62. wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom