ATI Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostDJR

Baseband Member
I'm looking to upgrade my card because it's an onboard card and it's not very good for gaming. t's only a 128 megbyte card I believe so you can understand my suffering. I'm thinking about wither a gecube or an x1300. Basicaly, I'm looking for compatibality and price. And I'm not sure which gecube but I know it was fairly good. I know they cost aroubd the same price but I found that gecube on sale for like $50.00. And I'm wanting to play HalfLife and Prince of Persia 3.

sorry, but for those games you'll need to spend $200+

look into the Nvidia 6600gt, 6800gs, or the 7800gtx

(eVGA)

Juice Daddy is right...you wont see i huge difference between the integrated and that card....especially on those games that you listed...even the card and my specs are hard to get really good frame rates on those games

Really? I looked up the requirements for Half Life-2 and I meet them and beyond
"1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection"
I'm not sure about my processor but I do know that it's one ofht e AMD Athlons
I have a gig of ddr 400 ram
I already have a directx 9 on my computer and both of those cards will have 256 megabytes and directc9.
So what's the problem?

Those requirements are minimum and if u have anything close to that ull end up playing them on low settings with everything turned off. In order to actually "play" the game (I consider medium quality playable) u need a Radeon 9800 Pro or better.

Shoot, I'm on a little bit of a budget this year for Christmas. The cheapest one I could find was $176.
Are you sure an x1300 won't run it good?

x1300 is not as good as a nvidia card of the same price and I know where ur comming from. I had a little budget of my own, cept mine limited me from getting a 7800 GTX and settling for a 7800 GT :) Anyways, I would go nvidia as the x1300 has recieved several poor reviews and its performance is pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom