winrar rules!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a .zip file .. which has a password on it

now i forgot the password and have NO clue what it is

is there ANY way to unlock the zip or somehow find out the password?

its ok, nothing spectacular, yet another semi proprietary format, just what we dont need

I dont have any big issues with it other than how I see it used the wrong way all the time, for example, the "scene" insists on using it yet when you make a torrent a file gets broken up into chunks anyway so it becomes an extra useless step. It might save 1-2% in size on a video file, but it also costs minutes in time, isnt worth it.

guess123 said:
i have a .zip file .. which has a password on it

now i forgot the password and have NO clue what it is

is there ANY way to unlock the zip or somehow find out the password?
If there was it would be called crappy and easy to break.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure if you understand english. I didn't ask if recovering a password is called "crappy and easy to break". I asked if its possible. If its not you can simply say no and keep your mouth shut.

guess123 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure if you understand english. I didn't ask if recovering a password is called "crappy and easy to break". I asked if its possible. If its not you can simply say no and keep your mouth shut.

im pretty sure we're not supposed to discuss breaking security, but you could run a inet search and easily find a solution.

as for winrar, i like it cus i can easily create a segemented archive. otherwise, i just use xp's bulit in zip utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom