Nooooooo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
From EUROGAMER
AAARRRRGGGHH!( News ) by Ellie Gibson
In news that will make small children cheer and everyone else want to end it all, hateful ringtone character the Crazy Frog is to appear in his very own videogame.

A representative for licensing agency Wallaroo, which owns the Crazy Frog brand, told our sister site GamesIndustry.biz that it'll be "out on PC, PS2 and GBA by Christmas," and will have "something to do with racing".

"It will definitely be a game that's cool, but also annoying, just like the Crazy Frog," the representative told us.

Advertisement
"It's going to be a lot of fun."

The Crazy Frog has become a European-wide phenomenon in recent weeks, selling millions of ringtones, mobile graphics and chart-topping records to children who don't know any better and students who think it's the best thing since the Parrot sketch.

German publisher DTP has signed up to produce the GBA version, but there's no word yet on who'll be responsible for the PC and PS2 games. We're told to expect an announcement soon, presumably once the publisher in question has had time to nail up its letterbox in readiness for the hate mail.
Some one up there does not like us.

Remind me of the game I accidently picked up from EB Games that was based around the SCITTLES candy.

The other question I do have to ask is whether or not frog will have his Fig Leaf or not.

People are investing money into Crazyfrog jsut to annoy people. It is certainly working.

Its some commerical product that is annoying everyone in the UK. Its a little cartoon, with that "ring ring ding ding bing" (god knows how old and not funny it is). Its on the adverts on TV constantly.

woot6600GT said:
WTF is Crazyfrog???
GameGURU said:
Yea...whats crazy frog?
You are so blessed that you are asking that question.....

It the mascot for the Jamster mobile phone themes and tunes.
_40769281_frog203.jpg
<-- The face of my pain!

Here's some thing to read.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4210000/newsid_4213400/4213453.stm
Crazy Frog creator comes clean

It's funny at first, then becomes the most annoying thing ever, and it seems to be on TV all the time.
What is it? The Crazy Frog ring tone, which hundreds of thousands of people have been downloading onto their phones for the past few months.

Even though he's responsible for lots of people losing their tempers, Daniel Malmedahl, who came up with the sound, is quite proud of the monster he's created.

"When we recorded it, we found it very, very funny. We laughed until we got tears," Daniel remembers.

He came up with the sound in 1997, as an imitation of his friends' moped engines.

After it was put on the web, Daniel's "talent" was discovered and he was invited to appear on Swedish TV.

The sound spread around the web, the familiar frog was added, drawn by his friend Erik Wernquist, and the whole thing was re-named The Annoying Thing.

In 2004 ringtone company Jamster contacted Erik and Daniel for permission to sell it for phones, and it really took off.

He's made a bit of cash from the frog, but is he going to say sorry to the people he's driven bonkers with his creation?

"Well I don't know if I can apologise... Many people find it funny and appreciate it. But you know I have no influence of the broadcasting of commercials, that's out of my hands."

So send you hate mail to Daniel Malmedahl.

I've never seen that thing on TV yet, but I live in the US .. but Jamster does play a lot of annoying commercials. And they air non stop, that annoys the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom