OverClocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
Ok so i overclocked a buddies 3.2 to a 3.38 and the temperature didnt change a bit. Im asuming thats a very good thing so im wondering if i should keep going or just let it go at that?

I'm assuming your talking about a P4.

Overclock slowly untill you hit the spot with errors. Then take a few steps back.

That O.C is VERY small, it doesn't surprise me your temps haven't increased. Increase the FSB in small steps and the run prime95(google it, then download it) for a few minutes afterwards. If don't get errors/problems after 5 mins of running the 3rd torture test (blended) you can keep increasing the FSB. Once you have increased the FSB by a good bit run the same test but for 12 hours. If you get errors you might have to increase your Voltage,if you don't get errors continue with small steps increasing the FSB. The whole reason you test using Prime95 is to make sure your system is stable. If you O.C your buddie's computer you probably know what your doing (If not you could fry your buddie's computer, so make sure you know what your doing. When you decide to O.C you take the chance of something bad happening to your system. You also shorten the life of your hardware because of the increased performance by O.C) Anyways the whole thing with O.C is taking your time, and if you don't know ASK! I just O.C my computer from a 2.4GHz to a 2.9GHz (small O.C) and 3 months ago i didn't know computer hardware could be O.C'ed or for that matter what O.C'ing is! I read as much as possible on O.C'ing from this fourm and others and then i asked questions on what i wasn't sure about. Basically the people on this board taught me how to O.C. BTW- Click on search button above and type in Overclocking, Overclock,Intel,AMD, ect.... Then read those fourms, you'll gain a lot of knowledge from those posts. Hope this Helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom