Hardware or software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I think that it is software, but I could be wrong... One game will not start anymore, and this started after I updated my ATI vid card to Catalyst 5.2, but at the same time I re-seated the video card after dusting out the old desktop...

Thanks

Yan

Maybe an unrequired question, but what game is it?
I wouldn't think it is the updating the drivers. I would check your vid card once more and see if it wobbles, even a bit. My vid card got loose just a smidge and Rome wouldn't start.

Its a software problem. Try uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them in safe-mode with AV disabled.

What is AV? Uninstall the drivers with driver cleaner?

Its a pretty old game, GTA Vice City

Yan

AV=antivirus

Uninstall them from start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs.

Also make sure you have the latest DirectX version installed. I think 9.0c is the latest?

I have 9.0c...

before I spend more time, where can I dl old drivers? 4.12 (I believe it was the one before 5.1) worked really well with all my games.

Can I install old drivers, or will say that the one I have is new and I cannot install the old one?

Sorry if I'm not being very clear, but I have the flu, so I'm feeling a little dizzy and out of it...

Yan

I dunno where you can get them. Try google. Uninstall the new drivers, then reboot, then install old drivers. Should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom