Grub Error, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMemphisx

Baseband Member
Okay i was attempting to install SuSE 10.1 on a 10GB hard drive. The computer that the harddrive was originally in, didn't have a CD drive, so i moved the Harddrive to a different machine. After the install completed or whatever, i just set the hardware to "let me select", and then i shut down and removed the harddrive from the computer. When i booted the computer back up however, it attempted to load grub and gave me an error, and now the computer won't go back to the way it was.

What do i do? Someone please help.

You'd think that would be a reasonable solution, however there were no extra IDE connections for the board. there was only the one for the harddrive.

You should be able to use one IDE cable, put the hard drive on master and put CD drive on slave on the same cable.

yeah but the cable didn't have a master and slave on it, just a master, it's weird... but hey... it's a compaq so what do you expect.

I don't think there's any other easy way to put it, I suggest you go out and buy an IDE cable with a master and slave then bring the CD drive over and reinstall SUSE. :beard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom