H-e-l-p!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngoodl1

Beta member
I usually can always figure things out on my own,but this one has me stumped!!So I need some help!.Ok here's the info;trying to network a winXP pc and a win Me pc through a belkin router,the XP machine has a 3-com card,the Me machine has a Intel card(both pci)I ran the networking wizard in XP,then created the floppy for the Me machine,installed it in the winMe machine,and nothing!!not seeing a network,not seeing the router,nothing!The XP machine can get online with DSL through the router just fine.and the port lite for the winMe computer is lit,so What Am I doing wrong?!tried everything I can think of,What Am I missing?!!!!HELP!

The very first thing that I would check is your cable. Did you make this cable or buy it?

-mike

Could be. This is the first thing that I would check. Try using this cable on your other computer and see if you can access the network and the net.

-Mike

ok thats a start,Thanks!!should I manually install the settings on the Me machine???obviusly the floppy is not doing it.....

Are you able to access the belkin router via winme. If no, try checking the connection OR If yes, then make sure that there are no firewalls active on the winxp end or and try changing the firewall settings in the router. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom