Blue Ray or HD Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
My first question is would it be possible to upgrade your dvd/cd drive in your laptop for one of these newer drives? My second question is how much would it cost? My third question is what would be the adantage over the other?

I don't think it's possible to upgrade your current dvd/cd drive to Blu Ray or HD, because it is a totally different format...you would have to get the Blu Ray or HD player itself. It would cost ALOT I guess. Well the only advantage I see in Blu Ray is that it has a larger capacity then HD.

Yeah, probably around $300-$500 for the blue-ray seeing that the full players are priced at $999, gathering dust in stores.

ZeroShade said:
My first question is would it be possible to upgrade your dvd/cd drive in your laptop for one of these newer drives? My second question is how much would it cost? My third question is what would be the adantage over the other?
Depending on the model of the notebook, it should be possible. However I have not seen any BLU RAY drives for Notebooks hit the market yet. I would imagine that it would be extremely expensive right now.

It is still a bit early as well to throw down on one format over the other.... Personally, I am going to wait to see how the format war goes, and see if one of them is phased out or not..... With my luck, I would get something now, and it wouldn't be in use a few months from now... lol.

Blu-ray and Hi-Def are the same in the way that Plasma and LCD tv's are the same. They are the same, but they arent. They are pushed by different companies, and eventually one will come out on top.

Right now, Toshiba, I think, has a laptop out with an HD-DVD drive in it. I've search high and low, and have yet been able to find an HD drive for my computer. I found a review for an HD-DVD drive for a desktop, but the drive itself hasnt been release, made by NEC.

I'm also going to wait, unless I can get a relatively cheap player... I just got an HDTV a few months ago and have yet to watch anything HD on it... I cant wait.

blu-ray is not worth getting. just stick to dvd for awhile. dvd has good enough quality. also blu-ray probably wont make noticeable change in video quality. but u can use it for data. and blu-ray players goes up to about 999$. i bet blu-ray discs r like 10$ each. u can just get 10$ worth of dvd and get more GB than a blu-ray. or just get a external HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom