Google Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojohnson9

Beta member
Google Help (desperately) Needed

I'm hoping someone can help me out-- Everytime I try to log onto google or gmail, I get an alert message that reads "the connection was refused when attempting to contact www.google.com." All other websites work just fine.

It started a few days ago, but for some reason when I brought my computer to the office, it worked just fine. I use a cable modfem, have wireless, and am using Mozilla if that matters. I also don't think I've installed anything new or changed any settings.

If someone has any answeers, I'd really, really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I tried what you said, but it didn't work. After I pressed OK, a series of numbers showed up, followed by "expired in transit" three times, and then the window closed on its own.
Any other suggestions?

mojohnson9 said:
I tried what you said, but it didn't work. After I pressed OK, a series of numbers showed up, followed by "expired in transit" three times, and then the window closed on its own.
Any other suggestions?

start->run then type cmd

once in command prompt type ping www.google.com

it will stay open then, it should ping 4 times and say something like 4 recieved 0 failed, if it says 4 failed then you have a problem.

What firewall are you using? do you use a router?

yep, it said 4 failed. I apologize for my lack of computer smarts, but I don't think I have a firewall, and yes, I have a router.
Any clarity?

it's a modem and router in one, but we're using wireless. My connection status says "good" and all other non-google sites are opening just fine. Three different computers in the house are having the same exact problem, but when we take our computers elsewhere, google seems to work just fine. That being said though, we haven't changed any settings lately, so it doesnt make any sense. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom