HELO Command Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

ys_eric

Beta member
Background: I work for a company as a System Admin. Now I didn't set up the network. Anyway my problem is whenever my users e mail a specific domain the e mails get regected. I researched it and I have set it so that the reverse DNS points to our mailserver (the server I have been lead to believe is the mailserver (not 100% sure now). Anyway it didn't work. I'm stumped. Heres the message(with parts starred out so no one trys to hack into my servers).

Reporting-MTA: dns;dragon
Received-From-MTA: dns;xs01ystuff.ys*****.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:37:08 -0500

Final-Recipient: rfc822;p***@codyhomedecor.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;504 <dragon>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

dragon is the mailserver as far as I know. It should be identifying itself as dragon.ys****.com (as set it my computer->prop->net id-> edit->more

So what should I do?

yeah were using exchange. Its definitly on their end they can send to us fine but thing is apparently HELO is a command used when one stmp server is introducing itself to another. I assume they have anti-spam set up that checks to make sure the server sending the mail is who it says it is. I then go on to further assume that the reverse DNS on our mailserver isnt working for some reason... Since we have like 10 servers I am not 100% sure that the one I am told is the mailserver (dragon) is really the server sending the mail.

This is driving me nuts!

Whoops its win2k advanced server my bad (we have like 10 servers hard to keep track which ones have which OS) I have tried to contact the person who set up their mail (he doesn't work there apparently). **** it all ;/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom