Does WoW run good on 1GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
MurdaX said:
Hey guys a family member of mine only has 1GB of RAM and was wondering if WoW would run good without any lags until he can save up and get another 1GB of RAM. He know that the recommended amount of RAM is 1 GB and the minimum is 512 MB of RAM, but he has heard romours that it lags even with the 1GB of RAM and that they should get 2 GB of RAM. I would like to know if this is true and how badly does it lag if so with 1GB of RAM.

System requirements says 512MB min. But 1Gb Recommended.

yeah I know that but you have to understand that was the recommendation for the game on the first day it was launched and not everything that is recommended is true thats why I asked.

MurdaX said:
hey guys is it really easy to level up in World of Warcraft, cause a friend of mine told me that it is easier to level up in it than any other game, like a person can get from level 1 to level 15 in 30-35 minutes. Is this true if not whats your take.

Yeh around 1-15 levels are easy for me takes around an hour 10+ for each level 20+ around 2 30+ 3-4 depending and it gets higher as levels go on - depending if u have the quests u need and things to do running out of quests isn't usually a problem and if u know the game u can do multible ones to minimize ur hours per level

Edit : i run WoW on 512 - i lag in big battlegrounds and when flying on griphons / bats but depends wat i have running in the backgrounds and raids - but yeh still no complaints it runs fine for my satisfaction

MurdaX said:
yeah I know that but you have to understand that was the recommendation for the game on the first day it was launched and not everything that is recommended is true thats why I asked.

It works fine on 1Gb of Ram.

MurdaX said:
hey guys is it really easy to level up in World of Warcraft, cause a friend of mine told me that it is easier to level up in it than any other game, like a person can get from level 1 to level 15 in 30-35 minutes. Is this true if not whats your take.

1 to 15 in about 30 minutes..... YEAH RIGHT! More like level 5
You can normally get through the first 20 level with in about 24 hours of game play. This is provided that you are not trying to work on your professions. But after that, it then takes longer per level.

With the assistance of (a good) guild and guilds, you can normally get up to level 60 in about 350 hours of game play. Like if you really want to level up quickly, do not waste your time on instances as the XP is dead slow on those.

Hrm.... 2 hours SEEMS like quite a while to get from 1-10... but, time DOES fly when playin WoW.... I will have to time myself Wednesday when I start a Bloodelf....

BTW, if anyone isn't playing Burning Crusade.... HOLY COW... Gold is CRAZY in outland... I had less than 1G on Friday, and I am up to ~390G as of this morning... I never got so much in the main continents. (I don't run instances... haven't had the time to comit to them).

i play on 512 ram atm , i do lag if i have full gfx on, when i played on 768 mb ram, full gfx on , i barely lagged , only someytimes in org

I have a 1.6, 512 memory and a old 5200 and surprisingly enough, mine runs smoothly on my 3MB cable modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom