WI-FI mesh problem

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have a Motorola MH7023 WI-FI mesh system with one main and two satellites.

The main connects between the router and a 75' cat 6 cable that runs to my 12' X 12' building which connects to a 5 port ethernet switch and is in the middle of the doublewide along the outside wall as there's a vent there in the wall which made it easy to pass the internet cable and ethernet cable through.

One satellite is in my building so that I have good WI-FI coverage in my dad's shop and the rest of the back yard. Could have put it in my dad's shop, but it is non-climate controlled and figured that wouldn't be the best environment for it.

The other satellite is on the left front side of the trailer along the outside wall so that there's good coverage all throughout the front yard.

Gives me excellent WI-FI coverage across my whole property.

1111.png

My dad watches YouTube all day.

The problem is sometimes TikTok will buffer as though I've temporarily lost internet and also Fortnite will say it lost connection to the match.

What could the problem be?

I don't seem to remember it doing that before I got the WI-FI mesh system, but I could buy it with the new cable modem on Amazon for less than a different cable modem by itself.

Last edited:
I have a Motorola MH7023 WI-FI mesh system with one main and two satellites.

The main connects between the router and a 75' cat 6 cable that runs to my 12' X 12' building which connects to a 5 port ethernet switch and is in the middle of the doublewide along the outside wall as there's a vent there in the wall which made it easy to pass the internet cable and ethernet cable through.

One satellite is in my building so that I have good WI-FI coverage in my dad's shop and the rest of the back yard. Could have put it in my dad's shop, but it is non-climate controlled and figured that wouldn't be the best environment for it.

The other satellite is on the left front side of the trailer along the outside wall so that there's good coverage all throughout the front yard.

Gives me excellent WI-FI coverage across my whole property.

View attachment 15175

My dad watches YouTube all day.

The problem is sometimes TikTok will buffer as though I've temporarily lost internet and also Fortnite will say it lost connection to the match.

What could the problem be?

I don't seem to remember it doing that before I got the WI-FI mesh system, but I could buy it with the new cable modem on Amazon for less than a different cable modem by itself.
Hi Ikonix, Have you tried restarting the tiktok app on your device? You may still have a weak Wifi signal despite the best network connectivity device. I just upgraded mine to a fiber optic wifi router with 149 mps and still experience weak signals even if an ethernet was connected.

Buffering still plus the occasional Fortnite losing connection to the match.

Didn't happen until I put in the Wi-Fi mesh system I think.

Back
Top Bottom