Is Suse 9 with athlon64 what i want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volkanb

Baseband Member
Suse 9 with a Athlon64, Sound like a system you wanna have. But is it gonna bring what i want? Will all the processor intensive tasks be going twice as fast?
I haven't found any review about the athlon64 with real 64 bit Operating Systems.
If i would really go and buy all this, would it make me as h()rny as think it will???:p

All I can say is: What will be the hurt of it? If you can afford to buy an Athlon64, by all means do! SuSe 9 looks like a pretty decent operation (Ive never used it before, but Im sure others could shed some light on that for you) and 64 bit code will DEFINITELY run super fast on a pure 64 bit chip like the Athlon 64. If it doesn't work out perfectly with SuSe 9, you can always use a different flavor of Linux, as the Athlon 64 can still run 32 bit natively. :cool:

Note: Your horniness will vary with usage :p :p :p

I've never tried SuSe, but right now i'm running Fedora Core 2, I really like it, it's powererful and extremely stable! And the a 64 bit processor, it'd kick a lot of ass! I say do it, and if you don't like SuSe you can always get another distro.

It certainly won't hurt to try SuSe 9 dude.....as for how horny? I really hope you keep the results to yourself... :amazed:

Shan....no offense but....as for your quote....
Did you always know what Linux was? It's an honest question...
I mean....you can at least take the name out or something.

By the way....I dig your desktop image, mine's on it's way.

-Michael

no offense taken, but that's kinda like asking you have you always known how to drive? it's not how long you've been doing it, it's how you like doing it now :)

Sorry, didn't understand your response...
I'm talking about your quote:

Originally posted by piggysmile
What is Linux for?

<<< old SuSe user from a cpl revisions back anyway, it is a good op version of linux, however you will find that alot of software makers ect are gearing towards redhat/debian developements and alot also will cross to mandrake also. its been a while but i think alot will goto suse also as long as you work with compilations and not binaries, i know i had trouble with the binary files in the past with suse, but then again... it was an older system and may have been a buggy install of suse. (I just looked for the source for everything and compiled it) :)
now im running mandrake and will post a question for someone to help me with i hope soon

mikesgroovin said:
Sorry, didn't understand your response...
I'm talking about your quote:

Originally posted by piggysmile
What is Linux for?
oh, i've known of Linux for a long time, long.

That's nice shan......glad to hear that you have known about linux for a long, long time.
Ummmm....ok.....I was actually being sarcastic.
Nevermind dude.......point I was trying to make was obviously misunderstood.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom